Chapter - 40

SOMEONE'S POV

"It's been a long time since I got any update on Gabriel's life, Dean. What's he up to these days.?", I enquire as I stand on the window of my room, looking at the night city beneath me.

His voice comes from somewhere behind me. "We have been keeping tabs on him, just like you asked. We just didn't tell you because you didn't seem interested."

"Tsk tsk. Do you get paid for predicting my moods and interests or for providing me with information, Dean?" I slide my hands in to the pockets of my jeans.

"So...sorry. I thought...", he stammers.

I take a sharp turn to look at him at which he takes a scared step back. "Dean, you do not get paid to think. You get paid to follow orders. So, do that."

"Yes...yes. So, about Gabriel. For the first time ever, he has been seen with a girl."

"Oh, is it? Tell me more.", I ask, intrigued.

"Well, he seems quite taken with her. They dated for a while and then they broke up. But after Gabriel has been following the girl persistently, they got back together. He goes to her place almost every day."

I mull over the new and interesting piece of information for a few minutes. Did he really think that I won't find out about her? Or did he think he would be able to stop me from doing anything?

Or maybe, he doesn't see me as a threat at all. I won't say that's the first time it happened. People do tend to underestimate me.

But that is exactly why it is more fun. They don't even see me coming, forget about preventing it.

When I don't speak for a long time, Dean interrupts the plan already taking shape in my head. "What's our next move?"

A wicked smile takes over my face from the excitement bubbling inside of me. "For now, we do nothing. We let him think that he and his cute little girlfriend are safe. What's her name again?"

"Ahana Stokes. Her father actually works in Atlantis Corporation.", he informs.

"Now that's an enticing piece of information, Dean. Well done."

"Thank you. But what do we do now?", he asks again.

"As I said earlier, we do nothing. We will strike when he won't anticipate any form of action. When it'll hurt the most." I can't seem to let go of the smile on my face as I turn back to look down at the city lights again.

"Anything else?", he confirms.

"No, Dean. You may leave and let him have fun before he starts drowning in the trouble that I create for him." I say, already knowing that I'll have a good sleep tonight.

"Yes, ma'am." 

*****

A/N

Hey readers! I know this is a small chapter but it's to keep you guessing.

So, what do you think who is she? What's her motive? And how is she connected to Gabriel?

Share your theories.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share the story.

Happy reading!

xoxo