22. Proud of You

"I never thought I would be father''. Jon whispered kissing Trinas forehead.

''You were always such a good boy jon. Had your morals and your honor. Something few had. Father was proud of you Jon." Trina remarked softly. He never wanted to birth a bastard into the world. Never wanted a child to be an outcast like he felt. Jon nodded running a hand along her stomach.

''I dont know how proud he would be now.'' Jon countered. ''You were always his favorite. His pride and joy and I-''

''He loved you too. He was proud of you. As am I. There is honestly no one else I could see myself starting a family with.'' Trina told him kissing his chest.

''I have loved you for so long.'' Jon whispered. ''I never thought...'' he sighed as she rested her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat. ''I love you Trina.''

+

Birthing a child into the world was not what Trina expected. She had been with her mother for her younger siblings births she knew there was pain and screaming and it could last for hours. Trina also knew it hadnt been long enough. 

Another moon or two was the maesters estimation. That had her people worried. If Trina died then what? They were not following Jon. They were not bending to the dragon. 

"You know this would happen?" Sansa demanded slapping Bran over the head. 

"You said when, i said if." Bran reminded her. 

"Is Trina going to be okay?" Sansa countered. 

"I don't know. I havent seen it." Bran remarked. 

"Seen what? Tomorrow? Her? Her child? This war?" Sansa demanded. 

"All the possibilities of every situation, every move you make, every breath you take... you and I could take the same path, walk side by side everyday and one factor could be off and that could change everything. Every little thing." Bran remarked. 

Trina was worried, Jon was a mess as he held her hand. It wasnt time, they werent ready, it wasnt... she wasnt... Trina tried to breathe as pain shot through her. 

The maester and nurses kept saying push, push, push. Trina kept crying through the pain, they offered her milk of the poppy but she didnt want it. She needed her mind clear, even if she was in a pain soaked fever haze. 

Push, push, push... Sansa and Jon were not arguing, Sansa was not arguing with Jon for the first time in moons Trina thought as they each held her hand. Then a babies cries filled the room, Sansa looked to trina's pale and sweaty face, gripping tight to Trina's hand as her eyes fluttered open and closed. 

"Your grace." Trina had to think for a moment before she remembered they were talking to her. Queen of the north. "It's a girl."

+

Jon smiled back at Trina as he held their daughter to him.

''Hi Lyanna.'' Jon coed. Trina had suggested Lyanna if it was a girl. Eddard if it was a boy. Jon eagerly agreed.

"Beautiful." Trina whispered. Little Lyanna had dark hair like Jon. 

+

+

''Aunt Lyanna made you a prince. Lyanna mormont gave you a crown.'' Trina remarked as she stared down at her own lyanna. Jon had been king of the north for a time. Now although they were married the people were still hesitant about Jon. Even though Trina had a child with him. Trina spoke praise that Jon was a good man. Her new Queen of the north title remained and Jon was still a bastard betrayer in their eyes. 

 "Perhaps our lyanna will get to see you become king." Trina offered. Jon sighed heavily in his chest as his fingers ran through Trinas hair.

''I dont I could ever be king.'' Jon countered. 'Not after everything.''

''It is because of everything that you would be a good king.'' Trina countered

''I bent. So easily.'' He added. ''You wouldn't have done that.''

''I wasnt in your position. I dont know what I would have done.'' Trina corrected.

''You would have fought harder.'' Jon countered softly.

''I love you jon. I love you. I have always loved you. I dont blame you for bending. You didnt want to break. If you had died I think we would have burned.'' Trina reminded him. ''If you fought back and lost... she would have turned the north into a puddle. You did what you had to. Your hands were tied.''