ONE. smells like teen spirit

THE HALLWAYS of Seaford High School always had a bad odor

THE HALLWAYS of Seaford High School always had a bad odor. It reeked of snot-nosed teens and competitive know-it-alls.

Layla Beasley always knew what that smelt like. It'd been following her since she moved to Seaford in middle school.

And Layla Beasley was quite a sight for sore eyes. In other words, she was drop dead, model status, gorgeous.

She wasn't one of those mean girls either. She honestly kept to herself and never bothered a soul.

She was the popular girl in high school and everyone who glanced her way could tell.

But don't tempt her. She'll stand her ground no matter what it was about. She had all eyes on her and she never really gave anyone else the time of day.

You'd be lucky if she actually spoke to you outside the school setting.

No matter how you saw it. Layla Beasley was the girl The Bee Gees' were talking about. She was so much more than a woman. She was Layla Beasley.

And when she walked into the cafeteria that day, she had seen the new kid, Jack Brewer take on 4 other kids on his own.

Once Jack had kicked three falafel's into a kids face. He left quicker than the Flash.

Layla smirked and left the cafeteria. It took a lot to get Layla's attention and Jack was able to do that with minutes.

A personal record he didn't know he held.

THE NEXT day Layla found herself heading towards Falafel Phil's. It was... a decent, sort of, restaurant that everyone hung out.

And though Kim Crawford had just walked in moments ago. The attention was now drawn towards Layla.

And once the boys caught that sight that the Layla Beasley had even glanced at Jack's way, it made him one of the most popular boy in their small friend group.