Why am I like this? Part two<3

Happy Holidays! 🎄

I'm bringing in new characters in this part. This is a fan fic, so the characters do not reflect these people in real life. Please don't come for me. Thanks.

TW: Mentions of blood, self-abuse, fighting and trauma

Scott's POV
Blood drips down my face and covers the floor. It hurts so much but I stay on the kitchen floor.

Shit! I need to clean this up before mum gets home!

I take a cloth and clean up the floor before I go to the bathroom to clean myself up. Wincing, I wet my clean my cuts and stick on the largest band-aid that I can find.

Why would you cut my face of all places? What is wrong with you? Now everyone is going to see!

More tears come down in a flood as I shuffle back to my room and let myself cry to sleep...

[the next day at school]

Hesitantly, I enter the school gates. My eyes flicked around nervously as I walked down the hall to get to my locker.

"Hey Sco- oh my gosh what happened!" cries Shelby when she sees me. She takes my hands in hers and takes in every corner of my face. "Oh, Scott..."

"I'm sorry," I said with a whimper.

"You promised that you wouldn't."

"I know."

I feel my cheeks dampen and tears running over my band-aid. I hadn't even noticed that I'm crying.

"I'm sorry that I have to put all of this on you. It's just me being stupid."

"Scott Major, you're not stupid. And you have nothing to be sorry for."

Shelby gives me a reassuring smile and I smile back. I'm so grateful to have her in my life...

Shelby's POV
I've known Scott for so long, and I know that he doesn't have the life that he deserves. I still remember when he called me, crying, because he had a huge fight with his mum. He had just come out to his family, and they weren't as supportive as he thought they'd be. He's strong though. So he managed to recover and stay the positive Scott that we all know. It hurts me to see him like this and I had hoped that he would stop with the self-abuse, but I guess I was wrong.

"Hey, why don't you come over to my place after school today and we can play some Gang Beasts or something?" I ask in attempt to cheer him up.

"Then maybe you could tell me what's going on?"

He nods at me, before saying,"Is Wilbur coming too?"

"Not if you don't want him to," I reply.

"Can he come? I kinda wanna play with him too."

"Of course. I'll ask him if he's free."

Wilbur's POV
"Oi! Soot!"

I turned my head around to see Clay (Dream) and his goons (George and Sapnap)

"Is it true? That you're dating that Shelby girl?" Clay asks with a sneer.

"Yeah. So?"

"Come on mate! You could have done so much better. I heard that Niki is single," he said with a smirk.

"Leave me alone, Clay."

"Why should I?"

"Who I date is none of your business. Now fuck off."

"You could have been one of us, Will. You and Tommy didn't have to leave the Dream Team, you know. You could have been one of the cool kids. You could have had the prettiest girls ever."

"You guys are just bullies. I will never be like you." I bite my lip to stop myself from saying something I'll regret later.

But Clay wasn't done. He then proceeded to say the most horrible thing.

"I still don't understand why you would date that whore..."

I couldn't hold my anger in and I threw a punch at him in the nose. Next thing I knew, he was fighting back. It was all so muddled. I remembered George hitting me in the stomach. I remembered someone in the hall calling a teacher. I remembered Shelby's sweet face in a crowd of people before I blacked out.

I wake up to the smell of blood. Shit! I'm in the nurses office! I look up to the clock on the wall and see that school ended an hour ago.

The school nurse walked in, soon followed my my dad and the principal.

"A boy named Toby saw the whole thing," the principal began. "Both you and Clay have been suspended for a week."

I bite my lip, ashamed and I look down. The principal leaves, leaving me alone with my dad.

"Hey kiddo, you ok?" my dad asked. I nod.

"I understand why you did it. I know that you wanted to protect Shelby, but fighting is never the answer. You know that!"

"Yeah, I know. But that idiot has been pestering me for so long. I guess I just finally lost it." My dad nods before we say our goodbyes and he leaves.

The nurse does what any school nurse does, and gives me an ice pack for my head.

Ping! I reach into my pocket and take out my phone.

Shelby❤️❤️❤️: hey, you ok?

You: yeah. My head hurts a bit. Where are you?

Shelby❤️❤️❤️: im at Scott's. playing some gang beasts.

You: oh cool

Shelby❤️❤️❤️: r u sure that ur ok?

You: yes I'm sure. Don't worry so much.

Shelby❤️❤️❤️: Wilbur, I saw you get beat up on the hall. I think that I'm allowed to be worried.

You: yeah ig

Shelby❤️❤️❤️: Scott says hi btw

You: hi Scott 🙃🙃🙃

Shelby❤️❤️❤️: he says that you can come over if you want to.

You: nah I think ill pass.

Shelby❤️❤️❤️: okay sure.

Shelby❤️❤️❤️: I gtg. I've gotta try to get Scott to talk to me.

You: ok bye good luck. I really hope that he's ok.

Shelby❤️❤️❤️: yeah me too

word count: 975

Ooo! Drama! Some of Shelby being a good friend and Wilbur being protective. I've noticed that with a lot of stories with Wilbur on here are written so that Wilbur has a bad relationship with his family, so I've made mine a good father son relationship. ☺️

Also, this is probably my last update for the year! I can't promise a consistent upload schedule for next year because of my new schedule, so I apologise in advance.

Enjoy your new years! Bye!