The Harsh Reality

Recap:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

By the end of the checkup he had regained conciousness. .... But what was strange was that he did not look at me even once infact his grip on my hand went lose and soon after he shuddered and panicked .....

The Doctors, nurse and I, myself tried to calm him down but when nothing worked the doctor gave him an injection and within few seconds he dozed off ......

The doctor gestured me to move out ..... And instructed the nurse to get his few tests done .... And report to him as soon as the results arrive and not wait for printed reports .......

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Continuation :

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

After moving out the doctor asked me to come to his cabin along with one more person as he wanted to share certain information with us ......

This time jiju decided to accompany me as Poonam di was busy consoling everyone ..... And as compared to anyone else ...... Being a doctor ..... He would be in a better position to understand what Karan's doctor says ......

On reaching Doctor's cabin .... Initially the doctor was using all medical terms and talking to jiju of which I couldn't understand a bit also .....

So, all this while I was merely standing over there and looking at their faces ..... Trying to understand what were they discussing but it was of no use ......

The only thing that I understood was that ...... The news was definitely not good as little by little the frown on jiju's face grew deep while the colour kept draining of his face making him go pale .......

By the end of their talk jiju had tears brimming his eyes .... This thing had made me even more scared yet I somehow managed to compose myself .......

Then moving close to jiju I asked him what the doctor told since the doctor also excused himself as he had to go on his rounds but not before asking jiju to explain everything to me and also get my wounds dressed from a nurse ....

Before jiju could tell me anything the nurse came in with dressing materials ..... I was about to stop her and ask her to give us a few minutes first to talk ......

But I was stopped by jiju ..... His eyes that moved in denial ..... Requesting me to let the nurse do her job ..... And she began cleaning my wound ...... As the swab touched the wound, I hissed in pain .....

I felt a hand on my shoulder .... I looked up to see it was jiju but to my surprise I could see a certain pain in jiju's eyes .... A pain that reflects in the eye of a father seeing his daughter hurt .....

This moment really took my heart away ...... As for the first time I'm seeing concern, care and fatherly love for me from jiju'side ...

Actually, jiju and meenu di were always sceptical about me being a life partner to karan and an integral part of their family ....

Sometimes, I used to feel really bad about it ..... It even used to hurt a lot ..... But I couldn't blame them also as I knew where this feeling of their's was coming from ......

After about 10 minutes, the dressing was done and the nurse wrapped up all her materials and moved out giving us the long required privacy to us ......

I was about to stand and get back to my feet when .....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

When, jiju stopped me from getting up and from my side ..... he moved to come in front of me ..... He crouched down to sit on his knees .....

Holding my hands as gently as possible, he spoke as politely and lovingly as one could probably ever do ......

GJ:

Teju, I know in the past things haven't been good between us and I don't know how much more time will it take for us to trust you entirely with our sunny .......

Also, chances are there they might never become that way in future ...... The way .... an ideal brother-in-law and sister-in-law should be with each other .......

Yet, I want to tell you this that yes I was wrong about you ..... And I have acted too quickly in judging you and as a result the judgement was prejudiced and biased in an attempt to satisfy my false pride of having saved my brother in law from an undeserving women like you ......

But to be honest now I feel really bad for you ...... I'm sorry I do not have the heart to tell you about Sunny's true condition at present. ......

But I know your whole life ..... Your future. ..... Everything depends upon his recovery possibility and time ......

That's why I'm telling you everything right now but promise me one thing ..... U will not let yourself get affected after this news ......

I looked at him with a shocked expression that how can someone even think that I will be able to stay unaffected .....

After being told that something bad has happened to my Sunny and which has managed to even shake someone so emotionally strong and professional like Dr. Gaurav Malhotra .......

Dr. Gaurav Malhotra or let's say Karan's Jiju is a well known physician in Florida ....... It is said that he is a real rock steady person and even a death right infront of his eyes would not be able to shake his demeanor. ......

But then I guess it was bound to happen today as today the person in place  of patient. ..... Is none other than Karan .... His sunny .... Who was more like a son to him rather than a brother-in-law .....

But then when he couldn't stop himself from getting affected ...... Who gave him the right to tell me that I shouldn't let it affect me .....

I so wanted to give it back to him but I knew this was not the right time ..... And moreover it would just ended into a fight and would have complicated our relationship even more ....

I saw him still waiting for a reply from me ..... And 'Sure', was the only word that I could manage to bring out as a reply ..... Taking it as his indication to start spilling the facts .....

He spoke,
" Teju, ummm ..... I hope I can call you that ......"

I had tears in my eyes as it was one of the most awaited moments. .... For me and sunny both .... We had been waiting since so long for Meenu di and jiju to accept me .....

And today when I can see this happening ...... It hardly even bothers me as I do not have sunny to share the joy with ....

I am at present a lot more worried about what happened to Sunny and how can I get him back by my side ......

I just nodded at jiju with a small smile and he patted my shoulder and continued ......

" Teju, I'm sorry but I am not the kind to beat around the bush ..... So, the truth is that although Sunny is safe the doctor has almost negligible hopes of him getting completely normal. .....

Teju ...... He has hurt his ....."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Kya lagta hai kya hua hai Karan ko ......?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

C you soon with the next chapter. ....

Till then take care and have fun .....