Three

"Shut the fuck up and do your goddamn Job, No one asked you and then you have to nerve to be sitting here talking shit. Do your fucking job."

"Baby" Jade tried to pull Leigh-Anne back into the girls' room. She was heated.

"No!" Everyone was staring at Leigh-Anne who was going off on the group of nurses.

A woman in blue scrubs walked up to Leigh-Anne. 

"Is everything okay, ma'am?"

"Does everything look okay!?"

"Why don't you come talk to me. Tell me how I can fix it" Jade stepped aside letting the head nurse in their room. Leigh-Anne followed after.

"That bitch-"

"Babe"

"Nurse. That nurse is running her mouth about us and she doesn't have a clue about the shit going on in my life right now. I don't have the patience and this is not why I'm here. They need medical attention and she refused to give it to her. She told me she would come back and start a line on her and she never did. We've been here for hours. She went back to the nurses station saying I don't feed them and I'm here to get them food. That I'm not fit and how she should call ACS. I'm so fucking pissed off right now."

"That's not right. She will definitely be written up,  that's unacceptable. I will personally take care of them, I just want you to calm down or else you're going to land yourself in here and the adult side is way worse than pediatrics. What's their names and how old are they?"

"This is Perrie, she's five and this is Jesy, she's three"

"Okay. Let me do a quick physical. Can you tell me why you brought them in?"

Jade looked at Leigh-Anne when she didn't answer.

"They haven't been eating properly. We've tried getting them to eat but they will only eat so much. Perrie has been having body pains and her hair is thinning. My girlfriend washed it and it started falling out in clumps. She'll eat a very little bit of food. Jesy, she's been sleeping a lot and eats alot. She had diarrhea last night and this morning after eating, I think she's a bit malnourished. Her ribs are protruding." Jade spoke while Leigh-Anne sat down cradling Perrie in her lap. She was a bit upset about everything going on.

"Aww poor baby." She sat Jesy up and pulled her t-shirt over her head. She began to whine, pushing the woman away weakly.

"Do you want to sit with mama?" She asked the toddler before telling Jade she could sit with her on the bed. Jade sat beside her, rubbing her little hand.

"Mama's not here. She's sleeping at home" Perrie said, watching the woman inspect her little sister.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She apologized to Jade who waved her off.

Once she removed her pants she stood Jesy up on the bed. She was unable to stand on her own so she laid her down on the bed.

"Does mom breastfeed?"

"Yeah, she does."

"Does she give her table food too or. . .?"

"I'm not sure. We don't live with her"

"I'm sorry, how are you related?"

"I'm her older sister"

"Okay. So I'm sure she's malnourished. This is not to say that mom is not feeding her or anything like that. It looks like protein deficiency. For both of them. For Jesy, based on the symptoms shes having here I would say Kwashiorkor. Mainly because of her swollen belly and frail limbs."