Chapitre un

Practice makes perfect.
Those three words was a sentence I've heard a lot.
I still remember the first time I heard it.
7 year old me sitting in the changing room crying.
I missed the goal, and my team lost.
"Practice makes perfect" my coach told me.
When I started understanding the meaning of the sentence, I also realised that the only person, who could make my dreams come true were myself.
I started to think about it.
I had a supportive family, time and discipline.
When I started to think about it in that way, I knew I would make my own dreams come true.

And here I am standing in the airport waiting for my family. After years of playing in clubs in my own country, I got an offer. An amazing opportunity.
My family finally came. My mom and dad had helped me pack all my things. We already dropped the 3 heavy suitcases off at the baggage-check-in.
It was time to say goodbye.
I walked up to my best friend, and looked her in the eyes.
"I'm gonna miss you so much. At the same time I can't wait to see you living your dream life. I'm gonna buy tickets to your first game, so please impress the coach. I can't wait to see you play again. And most important of all, remember that I'm always your bestie number 1."
She said with a trembling voice, who immediately turned confident in the last sentence.
I laughed a bit of her comment, and gave her a big hug.
I said goodbye to my family, which took a long time, because my parents wouldn't let me go.
We were all crying, but I knew that I had to leave.

Finally I found my gate and sat down.
Shortly after the gate opened, and I got in the airplane.
I was exhausted and almost fell asleep as soon as I sat down.

I woke up.
"Be prepared for turbulence." The pilot said over the speaker.
I took my headphones on and sat in my own thoughts.

It was dark outside when I arrived.
My 3 suitcases came at the baggage checkout and I found my taxi driver.
I was tired, but at the same time I couldn't wait to see my apartment.

I paid the taxi driver and got out of the taxi. He helped me get all my baggage out of the trunk.

I couldn't find the keyhole, but finally got the key in.
The lights automatically turned on, when I stepped inside of the apartment.
It was like I expected, and I liked it.

I fell onto my bed and sat an alarm on my phone.
My eyes were heavy and I slowly fell asleep...