Chapitre trois

After a good first day on the team, I was finally home again.

The heat from the bath made me quite tired, but I was in a bit of a hurry.                                                  
I had 45 minutes to get ready before my taxi arrived.
With a straightener I made soft curls in my hair, and put on a bit of new makeup.
I wore a psg shirt, and black pants.
In a bag I packed a pair of stilettos, a dress and some makeup.

After 45 busy minutes, I was finally done. The taxi stopped in front of me, and I asked the taxi driver to take me to the stadium.
The trip to the stadium took about 20 minutes, and fans heading to the match were already filling the streets.

I arrived at the stadium and quickly found the other women in the VIP lounge.
"Nora, you came!" Sakina said with a smile on her face.
"Of course, you can never miss a match at home." I said, smiling happily at her.
I walked a round among the women, hugging them all.
We split up into smaller groups, and I was left standing at a high table with a champagne glass in front of me.
Lydia and Sakina came up to me and placed their glasses at the table.
"Are you okay?" Lydia asked, looking at me worriedly.
"Oh yeah, I'm just tired after all the new impressions today, I guess. It's always a little nerve-wracking, being the new kid." I said, looking into her eyes.
Sakina broke in, "Understandable, but you have nothing to be nervous about, everyone likes you, I promise."
I smiled gratefully at her, and gave her a big hug.
"Your ball accuracy is really impressive, both me and the coach talked about it earlier today." Lydia said, nodding affirmatively at me.
I put an arm around them both, and said: "I'm glad to be here."
"All the other women always wanna sit here and watch the game, but Lydia and I usually sit in the stands. Do you want to go out there?" Sakina asked, jumping a little with excitement.
"Yeah, nothing beats the atmosphere at the stadium." I said, and we all headed for the door down to the stands.
We sat at the bottom row, so we could follow everything up closely.
The match finally began and the ball was put into play.
The men played calmly and didn't create many chances in the first 20 minutes.
The breakthrough we were all hoping for finally came when Mbappe got the ball.
On the right side of the pitch he sprinted, with the ball in front of him towards the opponents goal. He ran down at the corner before firing, and laid a perfect pass to Neymar.
Neymar put the tip of his boot on the ball and it flew effortlessly past the goalkeeper and into the net.
Sakina quickly got to her feet, and ran down towards the corner of the pitch, where Neymar stood cheering.
His eyes quickly spotted her, and he rushed to give her a kiss, before the men from his team stormed him.
"Wait, is Sakina dating Neymar?" I asked Lydia, confused.
"You didn't know? They've been together for almost an year." She said, laughing a little.

Not long after, the whistle blew for half-time and both teams left the pitch.

Lydia, Sakina and I stayed in our seats and talked.
"I had no idea you and Neymar were in a relationship, I must have missed a whole chapter. How did you meet?" I asked her smiling.
"Be prepared for a long story." Lydia whispered to me, laughing.
"Hey!" Sakina said, giving her a pat on the shoulder.
Grinning, Lydia put her hands in a defensive position.
Sakina started telling the long story of how they met, and I listened to her whole story.
To her, it sounded a bit like they were made for each other.
Kind of love-at-first-sight.
She took her phone out of her bag and showed me the first pictures they took together.
Sakina looked in love every time she scrolled through the pictures, and I couldn't help but smile at her.
The break was suddenly over, and both teams got back on the field.
The ball was quickly put into play and shortly after they created chances.
A midfielder from the other team makes a mistake and passes to Mbappe, who runs towards the opponent's goal with the ball in front of him.
He effortlessly dribbles past their defenders and shoots hard for the ball.

Upper right corner, goal.

We all cheered, even though he hadn't given me the best first impression earlier in the day.
I looked down at the pitch again, where the boys were celebrating, and I caught his eye.

He was looking at me.
I was looking at him.

Even though the distance between us was quite long, I could feel my heartrate rise as I looked into his intense eyes.
I broke the eye contact, shook my head slightly and rubbed the back of my neck.

Why was he looking at me?

The rest of the half they played defensively and the match finally ended.
2-0, victory
We all cheered, and the men headed for the stands where the fans were standing.
"Anyone ready to party?" Sakina asked with her most charming smile.

"After a change of clothes, I'm more than ready for a party." I said, looking myself up and down.
Sakina quickly took my hand, and I took Lydia's.
Sakina ran up all the stairs, and found a bathroom we could change in.

Lydia put on a silver dress, Sakina a gold one, and me a black one.
We all put on a little extra makeup and brushed our hair.
"Ready to party." Lydia said, checking herself out in the mirror. We left the bathroom and walked down the long hallway towards the stairs to the lower level.
On the way we met some of the men.
Had we really spent so long getting ready that they had already changed?
Sakina spotted Neymar and almost threw herself into his arms.
"You were so good. Are you coming to the party downstairs?" She asked, winking at him.
He kissed her quickly on the forehead, and replied: "We'll join later, have fun."
Neymar walked on, and Sakina came back to us.
"What are you waiting for?" She asked, now walking with even quicker steps towards the stairs.
We ended up in a room with colourful led lightning and loud music.
The music was slow and seemed a bit sexual.
I liked it.
Many other people I had no idea who were, were already on the dance floor.
All of us went out on the dance floor and started dancing.
With blurred vision, I could sense the entire men's team coming down the stairs.
Many shots were served and got drunk, and I quickly lost track of how much I had consumed.
I began to feel violent dizziness, and could slowly feel my consciousness fading...