Chapitre huit

I woke up in my bed, but no one was by my side.
I rubbed my eyes a little, and looked around in confusion.
I got up from the bed, and left the room, but no one was out there either.
A little note was on the table, and I crept over to see what it said.
The note said:
I had to go to morning practice, and I didn't want to wake you.
Remember, you're going to practice later too, have fun<3

A small smile spread on my lips.
Sleeping another night in his arms had definitely only made me more interested in him.

I started to get ready for the day, and got out my PSG clothes.
A short time after, I left the apartment, grabbing an apple.

After 10 minutes of no luck in getting a taxi, I finally got one.
I asked him to take me to our trainingcenter, and without any questions he drove me there.

It felt a little like I still hadn't got up yet, and I yawned as I got out of the car, and the sunlight started cutting into my eyes again.
The weather was bright and the air was warm.
Quickly I spotted the other women at the entrance, and ran up to them.
Sakina spotted me quickly, and gave me a huge hug.
Her face changed to a more cocky expression, and she asked lowly, "So what did you and Achraf do yesterday?"
I looked at her a little surprised, and asked: "How did you know we were together, Instagram or what?"
"Haven't you seen, the net is full of pictures of you and him walking together in the streets." She said, looking at me like I was living under a rock.
"Oh, I should have thought of that. Hadn't even seen it." I said, sighing a little irritably at the thought that I would now be asked about it.
We all went into the locker room, and got ready for practice.
I had decided with myself that I wasn't going to tell anyone about Kylian and I.
I'd rather keep it private so I didn't give myself any more expectations about us, and to avoid any more explanations.

We all went out onto the pitch and training began.
We practiced basic drills, and our ball control.
I felt like I were on the same level as the rest of the team, and was just looking forward to our first game.
Especially in the hopes of getting selected for it.
I clearly made an effort at training, to show I was ready for matches and challenges.
Successful training.

After practice, our coach pulled us all aside for a team meeting.
He announced to us that we would be playing a match next Sunday.
Some of the others already knew, while others of us didn't.
He finished by saying: "Those of you who already know you are playing and have had a conversation with me, please leave. Thank you for today."
Lydia, Sakina and a third got up and headed for the changing room.
"Nora, can I borrow you?" Our coach asked, looking quickly at me.

I walked with him, and we talked briefly about how I thought the start on the team had went.
He told me that both today and last practice I had impressed him and the others. My ball technique and ball control were good and I had a perfect ball eye.
"I'd like to have you as a striker for the match." he concluded.
It felt like a huge release and I sent him a grateful and relieved smile.
He nodded his head to the side, indicating that I was free to go for today.

I walked with hasty steps towards the changing room, and looked smiling down into the ground.
Before I had time to react, I walked into something.
I looked up, and discovered it wasn't a thing, but a person I had walked into.
"What are you smiling at?" My favorite voice asked.
I quickly looked around to check the others couldn't see I was talking to him.
"I got selected for the match." I said happily, jumping up and down a little in joy.
He sent me a surprised smile, before opening his arms, and giving me a huge hug.
"Someone impressed the coach, huh?" He asked teasingly.
I sent him an annoyed expression before a smile planted itself on my face again, and I walked on towards the locker room.

"Guess who's playing next Sunday's game with you guys." I exclaimed when I found Lydia and Sakina in the changing room.
They both looked at each other before running over and giving me a hug.
"We already knew." Sakina said, winking at me as she pulled away from the hug.
I laughed a little at them, trying to act surprised.
All the other women had left and I was now alone in the changing room.
I decided to call my best friend and tell her the news.
Instead of a normal call, I facetimed her, and her face quickly appeared on my screen.
"Nora!" She said happily, looking at me as if she hadn't seen me in a thousand years.
"I miss you." I said quickly, and could feel the emotions pressing a little as soon as I saw her face.
"I have good news." I said, looking at her excitedly.
I was about to tell her, but the door to the changing room got opened quickly.
Kylian stood in the doorway, looking completely confused.
"You've been here the whole time? I've been waiting for you ever since your practice ended." He said exhaustedly, not even noticing that I was talking on the phone.
I put a finger to my mouth, as a signal for him to be quiet.
"Nora, what did you forget to tell me?" Sara asked very doubtfully, looking at me suspiciously through the screen.
Kylian slapped a hand over his mouth, but came over to me cunningly, and sat down next to me.
He sat at a distance from me so Sara couldn't see him.
I stammered a bit, then continued, "I've been chosen for the match next Sunday. My coach said he was very impressed with my first few training sessions here, so he wants me to play as a striker."
"Are you going to play as a striker?" Kylian exclaimed loudly, looking at me in surprise.
However, he quickly remembered to be quiet.
I couldn't help but laugh at him, and Sara had realized that I wasn't sitting all alone.
"I'm insanely glad to hear that. I just need to buy a ticket." Sara said, looking at me happily.
Suddenly Kylian had moved close to me, and whispered lowly, "I'm coming too."
I quickly turned my head, and smiled happily at him.
He smiled a little at my reaction before Sara interrupted.
"Am I blind, or are you sitting with Mbappe next to you." I quickly glanced at the screen, where Sara was already looking at me.
"You can get that explanation at another time." I stammered, looking up at Kylian a little nervously.
He laughed silently at me, and I sent him an annoyed look.
While I tried to hold a conversation with Sara, Kylian kept making strange facial expressions next to me.
I sent him an irritable look and pushed him off the bench we were sitting on.
I chuckled a little at him, and he looked at me unhappily.
Sara started telling me about everything that was going on at home, including a story about a new boy in her life.
Sara had always been successful with boys, unlike me, but it seemed that it was finally my turn.
Kylian sat up on the bench, next to me again.
I focused on Sara, who also didn't notice that Kylian was still there.
He was sitting off-camera, so she couldn't see him.
Instead of making annoying facial expressions next to me, he chose to continue teasing me in a different way.
While my focus was on the screen where Sara was talking about a boy, the focus quickly disappeared from there when Kylian put a hand on one of my thighs.
With his fingers he ran small circles around my thigh, looking at me teasingly at the same time.
He continued the small circular motions all over my thigh, but running them up a bit further each time.
"What's going on with your facial expressions, are you okay?" Sara asked, looking at me strangely.
I shook my head, and Kylian removed his hand.
He laughed silently at me again, and I couldn't keep a straight face anymore.
I'd never in my life seen Sara as confused as she was there.
Kylian took my phone out of my hand to talk to Sara.
"I'm afraid we have to go now, see you at the match on Sunday." He said laughing, and hung up.
"Hey, you can't just hang up." I said, looking at him in offense, with a smile on my face.
"Well, you and I have other plans now." He said shortly.
He took my phone and put it in his pocket, lifted me up and slung me over his shoulder.
"Kylian" I yelled laughing at him as I pounded on his back, trying to get him to put me down.
"That's not helping, you're not coming down." He said teasingly.