Chapitre six

I stood outside the building his apartment was in and tried to call Sakina.
I whispered irritably, trying to call her.
She didn't pick up, and I sighed.
"Someone's mad, huh?" A teasing voice asked behind me.
Achraf stood behind me, looking at me a little strangely.
I sighed and asked: "Why are you here now?"
"Kylian kicked me out too." He replied, looking around a little confused.
"Why?" I asked, looking at him questioningly.
"No idea, he got really mad after you left." Achraf replied, looking at me with a cocky look.
"Nothing happened between us last night. He just seemed almost affectionate, and then he got all cold again when you came." I said, looking down.
"Excuse me, did I hear right? Has Kylian been affectionate with you?" He asked in surprise, almost standing with his mouth open.
I nodded briefly, looking at him strangely.
"My best advice to you, let him explain, and don't pressure him. He's been through a lot of bad experiences with girls." He said convincingly.
"I understand that, but that gives him no right to treat me like that, if he wants to get in touch with me again, he has to take the initiative for it himself." I said, in a slightly harsh voice.
"Fair, do you need a lift?" He asked, looking around a bit.
I nodded, and followed him to his car.

French music from the radio played in his car and he tapped the steering wheel in rhythm to it.
"Where are you going anyway?" He asked, looking quickly at me.
"I was thinking about going out to see the city today, I haven't experienced anything yet." I said, looking out the window.
"A Saturday with so many people, good luck, you'll get lost." He said laughing.
"Well okay." I said, looking down at my hands a little disappointed.
"I can go with you, you can even get a guided tour from me." He said, grinning again.
"That would be nice, but only if you have the time and want to." I said, looking at him smiling.
"I have." He said, and before I knew it we were pulling into a parking garage.
We both jumped out of the car, and Achraf locked it.
We rode the elevator, and when the doors opened we were standing right on the street.
"What do you want to see?" Ashraf asked, looking at me and waiting for an answer.
"The Eiffel Tower." I answered quickly, jumping a little in excitement.
"I had a feeling." He said, laughing at me.
We walked on the sidewalk, and talked while
occasionally, some fans came over to take pictures with Achraf.
I helped taking the pictures of the fans and him, and couldn't help but smile a little, seeing how happy they were to meet their idol.
After a while, I could see across the road, the Eiffel Tower in front of me.
We hurried across the road and right up to the tower.
"I've always dreamed of seeing it in real life." I said, looking fascinated at the tall tower.
"Smile!" Achraf exclaimed and started taking pictures of me.
He took one where I was grinning and you could see the tower in the background.
He posted the picture, on his private Instagram profile, and wrote: "some are fascinated by the Eiffel Tower."
We sat on a bench and talked for a while.
It was getting dark outside, and we decided to walk back to the car.
All the way back we were making fun of each other, laughing out loud as if no one else in the world was there.

He drove me back to my apartment, and gave me a hug, before heading back to his car.

"Watch out for Kylian, he's hard to get close to. Don't expect too much from him." Achraf shouted, before getting into his car.
The disappointment of hearing it from one of his best friends hurt a bit.

I was exhausted after the day, and all the thoughts that had filled my head all day

Just as I entered my apartment, I felt a small vibration and a sound from my phone.
I took it out of my pocket and opened Instagram to check the message.

Kylian had written:
"What the hell are you doing with my best friend at the Eiffel Tower?"