002

"Alex?" I dragged my feet against the cold floor, my eyes still heavy and my hair messy. I turned into the living room seeing the couch was empty, blanket folded up and neatly stacked on the couch a small paper stacked on top of it.

'Thanks for letting me stay, don't be a stranger, I'm off duty tomorrow so give me a call

Alex'

I smiled as I held the note, putting it down on my coffee table before putting the blanket away, throwing the pillow on my messy bed as I made my way to the kitchen to do the dishes, standing in front the sink I frowned, seeing everything had been washed and put away. I looked over at the clock seeing it's only 8am, a audible groan escaping my mouth, just once I want to sleep in, maybe till tomorrow? But I got excited realising it's Friday and at 1pm I had a coffee catch up with Madison, but then after that at 6:30pm I had to meet Susan's son at a nearby restaurant in town, apparently his name was Aiden, who knows maybe I could gain a new friend. According to my mom he was 'handsome' but our taste definitely varies. 

Crawling back into the comforts of my bed, I held the pillow Alex slept with in my arms as I once again drifted off into the peaceful abyss of nothing.

There was one thing I hated more than working Nightshifts and Mondays.

Alarms.

At first I set it to a song I loved, turns out I now hate it and despise hearing it. Note to self: don't mess up a good song with an alarm.

I slammed my finger aimlessly against the screen of my phone, finally shutting it up as I layed on my back staring at the ceiling, rubbing my face.

Getting up I put on a casual sundress with puffy shoulders that came till my mid thigh with floral printing. I rushed my makeup and brushed through my hair, already admiring at how long it has gotten in the past few months. "Good." I muttered to myself as I did a double take in the body length mirror propped up against my wall. I had 30 minutes to get to the café Madison suggested as I grabbed my handbag off the kitchen counter, slinging the strap over my shoulder and taking the doors keys off the table at the entrance of the door, locking it behind me as I skipped down the hall seeing Mr Cunningham had two parcels in front of his door along with a couple of letters and the newspaper. Hmm. Mr Cunningham was one of the older people in the building but he was always up to date with his parcels, especially because he turned 80 a few weeks ago and his daughter Shelly had promised him a birthday gift.

I quickly entered the code to the gate, each tenant has their own code so that it could be clocked who comes and who leaves, two cameras on each corner of the little room. I could never understand why since we lived in a pretty good neighborhood, I jogged to my car, Spotty, I've had her ever since high school graduation and the reason behind her name was because Madison and I borrowed it from my mother and I accidentally scraped the car door with a pole, both of us agreed to just use nail polish to cover the spot but it was pretty noticeable, even my mother saw it but she never said anything until she woke me up with the car keys one morning.

The drive to Benji's Café was pretty quick, about five minutes and I arrived getting the spot in front of the door, i walk in seeing Caleb, one of the nicer employees that always served me before and after a shift at the hospital. "Hey Caleb." I smile as I walk past him, and he nods with a small smile on his lips as he made someone's order, I wouldn't lie I prefer the café sandwiches over any home cooked meal. I took a seat on the further side of the café in the corner and my eyes were glued to the front door, after a while seeing customers come and go, I got anxious. Maybe Madison didn't want to see me, maybe she wasn't coming and I was sitting here waiting for absolutely nothing. I unlock my phone, scrolling through my Instagram feed, double tapping on every post then tapping through my stories-was it just me that NEVER actually watched someone's story? I just ended up tapping on everything because seeing the icon on top annoyed me. "What can I get for you today?" Caleb comes a few seconds later and I shook my head, "I'm okay, I'm just waiting for a friend." He nodded before dashing off to the new customers, I felt bad for him, his co-worker wasn't much help unless she had to serve her attitude, I wouldn't have a problem giving her the same attitude but her long nails made me terrified that she'd claw my eyes out.