0. Innuendo

The rustling sound could be heard as two figures played a very dangerous game-one lives and one's fate is Lord Enma's realm

The rustling sound could be heard as two figures played a very dangerous game-one lives and one's fate is Lord Enma's realm. The air around them is swift and unforgiving as it blows the maple leaves around them, some were cut mid air, unable to survive the impact of their weapons colliding with each other, each which produces a loud clang. Some leaves met the cold and muddy earth, almost like a prophecy of what will befall to whom that'll fall.

The moon that night is bright and full like a spectator watching their clash or an executioner waiting... waiting to whose blood will serve as paint to its canvas tonight.

"Answer me! Why... Why did you stop me! If only... humans are already saved! " A voice echoed, full of fury and regret as they swung their sword against the opponent they're facing. The black cloak they're wearing fluttered in the air. The voice revealed that of a tengu, their identity unknown because their face was adorned with the crimson mask pierced with a relatively long nose that they're wearing.

Only the glistening glow in their eyes were evident even with a mask on, it looks like it's due to tears. Black wings flapped, feathers flew together with the maple leaves. Their opponent, a male youkai wearing a blue yukata and a violet haori with sakura prints blocked their blows with the azure blue fan they're sporting, nine midnight black colored fox tail moved left and right. The fan soon emitted a faint blue light which later on became blue flames. The kitsune redirected the blue flames to their opponent which in turn shields themselves with their massive black wings.

But the tengu wasn't able to counter all the blows because the fire didn't stop from flying towards them-it continuously aimed at them, precisely, not letting them rest-each attack full of bloodlust

But the tengu wasn't able to counter all the blows because the fire didn't stop from flying towards them-it continuously aimed at them, precisely, not letting them rest-each attack full of bloodlust. The tengu waved their hands, their eyes seemed fueled with fury. Their black feathers glowed amethyst and turned into magical daggers. Their daggers were positioned against the blue fire being thrown which in turn burned together with the fire until it was reduced to ashes.

The attack didn't stop there, the kitsune once again waved their fan and now instead of blue fire, wind blades flew in the air viciously. The tengu tried to counter once again using their affinity with flight but not all blades were successfully countered by the tengu. They tried to counter it with their sword but it flew, unable to withstand the impact. One wind blade hit their arms, sleeve ripped and blood pooled. The other one missed but left a small cut on the tengu's right cheek, making a small crack in the mask. While those who missed to damage them sliced the trees in the vicinity in half.