3

the rest of the week was just spent with you spending time with your friends attending other classes, completing assignments, and being your typical college girl. you had an over-achieving mindset which you knew wasn't healthy. "Can't help but be the best i'm sorry". that's the motto you followed.
you knew you had to work extra hard for professor taehyung's class, after all, he does have a 'stigma' against you.

that's what you get for having shitty luck that makes your ex boyfriend your professor.

that day in class, professor taehyung didn't really target you all that much, but of course he couldn't stay away from his usual snarks and remarks. nothing you couldn't handle. he had also given the class their first group assignment. sujin and jiah had already started talking to jungkook and yoongi, the two cuties that everyone has in their minds. sujin mentioned how jungkook kept asking about you, the day you arrived late to class. you blushed at the thought. he was a very good looking man.

why wouldn't you want him to tear your sweater apa-

stop it. you nasty little shit.

you decided to talk to him after class. i mean it was just for the group assignment. what could possibly go wrong?

"hey". you said.

jungkook looks up and smiles before saying,
"hi there".
"so like, do you wanna do the assignment together? it's okay if you already have a group i mean not to be dismissive or anything but i was just wondering-"

"sure" he chuckled. "jiah already asked us, unless you wanna be in another group"
"no no it's fine i just have two friends as it is"

stupid stupid stupid y/n. cannot even talk to a guy properly without being a dumb mess.

jungkook looked at you with an eyebrow raised. of course. why wouldn't he. you basically confessed to the fact that you were an anti social loser.

"i mean- i do have other friends but like you get it right"
"i do actually" he says, amused.
"so that's it then. we're a group."

sujin walks over to you guys with jiah and yoongi walks behind her, looking really cute with a black hoodie on. damn was he gorgeous. you couldn't handle it. you were grateful they walked over though, it was almost about to get really awkward.
"let's all exchange numbers and make a group, as it'll be easier to communicate. and guys we really have to do well on this because y/n here wouldn't let us live if we didn't." sujin says.
you give sujin a look.
we can all meet tonight at someone's apartment and go over the details over dinner and decide who's gonna do what. also if any of you are lazy please tell us beforehand because it would be a hassle to find out later. pretty privilege doesn't get you the top grade just saying" jiah adds. everyone laughs.

"okay then. kook and i have to rush to class, so we'll catch up later on the group?" yoongi says, looking at you all for confirmation.
"yessir. see you guys." you say and start walking out of the class.

while you were busy talking to everyone with a tint of red on your face every time jungkook looked at you or at the way your fingers slightly touched when you handed him your phone to exchange numbers, professor taehyung observed it all from a distance while sitting on his spinny chair, moving left to right with the same red tint on his cheeks, but with a totally contrary notion usurping his mental capacity.

never let them decide their groups on their own again.
the voice at the back of his head told him, that he immediately pushed away.
how he wished y/n would look at him the way she looked at that kid. he sighed and started preparing for his next class.