4

countless hours of research, extremely strained eyes, and humongous dozes of caffeine later, you guys were now in line for your group presentation. you were the last person to speak. your job was to conclude the analysis and answer any questions professor taehyung was gonna ask you. it was an important role. your anxiety and unnecessary perfectionism wouldn't allow you to give that part of the assignment to anyone else, and everyone just went along with it.

"that's how i would like to conclude our analysis of the tell tale heart. the butler was the only person who was responsible for his own destruction." you finish confidently. you felt his eyes on you the entire time. i mean of course, you we're presenting but the tension was crazy. you did not like that he could be the reason why your legs felt like sujins mashed potatoes. mushy. still tasty though.

everyone claps. professor taehyung is extremely intrigued. he always knew y/n came through with her schoolwork.

professor taehyung went ahead and asked everyone questions, and you were patiently watching him, thinking about everything he might ask you. jungkook was answering very promptly. you made sure that everyone's brains had been ingrained with information about the tell tale heart, and edgar allen poe in general. jungkook kept glancing at you, and you kept pretending like you didn't notice. that was reflex. pretending like you aren't aware of him looking at you. him smiling. him just existing in general. you were kinda doing a pathetic job. can you be blamed though?

"so y/n, what relevance does this story have to mental health? and do you think that the 'eye' made him do it?"

that's an easy question. you honestly thought he would kind of target you a little at least.
you look at mr taehyung and make eye contact properly. you start speaking. stating facts, answering all his questions he asked after with significant relevance to the story. by the time you were done, you should've had a microphone. to drop.

professor taehyung was beyond impressed. he had always loved your acuity. he loved that you were passionate, regarding all aspects of your life. everyone clapped too. you all said your thank yous and went back to your seats.

"well that was amazing. i liked every group that presented here. you all have put in a lot of work into this, and it shows. and if you haven't, your grades will show that to you. thank you everyone, class dismissed. see you all next week." there was already a group of girls talking to him when you were leaving. he did have a lot of fans. like a was a kpop idol or something. you scoffed and left the class.

all you wanted to do now was relax, and cuddle with your beloved cat mr fitzgerald. he was adorable. but of course, jiah had other plans. she wanted to go to a restaurant for dinner to celebrate you guys' amazing achievement. not that results were out or anything, but you did do phenomenally well. you declined the offer first, but chimed in because jungkook said, 'it wouldn't be fun if you didn't come y/n. please?'. and there. that was it. of course you were gonna go now. even if you had fallen so sick that you couldn't walk, you would ask jiah and sujin to carry you to the restaurant because there was no way you weren't gonna go now.

after devouring your scrumptious meal, you and jungkook decided to walk home. together. surprisingly, jungkooks house was two buildings apart from yours. you were so happy when you found that out. you mind went straight to the fact that you guys could do anything now that you lived so close.
anything you wanted.

you guys talked about your school, your hometowns and everything else. it actually felt like a date. you were really happy.

"so, y/n, i wanted to ask you something actually. like you don't have to but um i was wondering if you would like to go out with me for a date this weekend. i thought you were really pretty and-

"you don't think i'm pretty now?" you say.

"huh?" he asks, really confused.

"you said you thought i 'was' pretty. you don't think i am pretty now ?" you say, emphasising on the "i" and the "am".

"oh no no i of course still believe that i was just mentioning the thought process of first day of college jungkook. not present jungkook. he wants to actually hold your hand as well." he completes. you noticed how he's kind of nervous, but is trying to put up a brave front.

oh my frickin god he's so damn cute what the actual heck.

"kook! i was totally messing with you. yes i would love to go out on a date with you. and yes i would be in favour of the hand holding thing too".

you hold his hand. he looks at it and smiles.

"okay then. i'm actually really excited. i've been so nervous about this. but i'm glad that we're on the same page".
you guys just giggle and talk about random stuff, while jungkook walks you home. your stomach is about to explode. you've been feeling intense butterflies ever since you guys started walking alone, but when he asked you out, you totally were about to melt and fall in his arms. should've just taken the chance to.
and when he held your hand, it was like all the cliches came into being. electricity was what you felt.

"so, this is my building. i'll go inside okay? see you on saturday. and thank you for walking me home." you tell him.

"yes ma'am. you will. and don't thank me. it was my pleasure. until then," he says just before placing a soft kiss on your hand.
how to: niagara falls 101.

you both said your byes and headed to each others apartments with blushing faces and giddy eyes and 16 year old smiles.