6

professor taehyung watched y/n. he watched how comfortable she was with that jungkook kid.
she deserves to be with a man.
he silently observed her from his seat. his heart stopped for a second when they walked in.

god no. this cannot be happening.

little by little, piece by piece of what was left of it, his heart was sinking. he had a billion thoughts running inside his beautiful mind like an athlete. the one that won the race were some of the following:

had she moved on already?
it had just been 3 years.
it has already been three years.
what is wrong with you?

he chose to ignore them. she could live her life. obviously. she wasn't with him anymore. he should also live his life. he should finally text the other professor who gave him her number a few days ago. he should go on dates and hold her hand like the other guy who held y/n's hands. he should also tuck a piece of her hair behind her ears, like him.

but how, how could he do that?
none of them compare to her.

he gulps a huge sip of his wine and keeps looking at them when every sensible part of his body was refraining from it.
but the heart. what could he do? it was like his eyes were paralysed. he could not look anywhere else.

she looks happy with him.
he who is not me.
what could he do though? he had already messed it up.

he glanced at her occasionally and during one of those 'occasional' glances, she looked back.

oh no.

he freaked out even more.

wow. now not only was he her annoying ex boyfriend, but a stalker too. just great. he could not take it anymore. so he leaves from the restaurant, and goes home.
he has to prepare for a lot of things. figure out a lot of things.

the next day you wake up by the sound of your cat meowing. he was obviously hungry. you understood why he behaves like that when he's hungry. because you do that too when you don't  have food in your stomach and your stomach feels like it's growing and growing inside making you think that it's big enough to digest an elephant.

you were oddly excited to go to class today. of course, the reason behind your excitement were big doe eyes, bunny teeth and a face that could make panties drop. you were excited about this new thing in your life, this new feeling that you had been deprived of, since well, professor taehyung. jungkook and you walk together to the little coffee kiosk just outside the building gate to grab a contributing factor to being an academic, poured in a plastic cup with ice and a strong aroma. while sipping the beautiful iced latte you had just bought, technically the one jungkook bought for you even though you went through a series of incessant nagging and lots of 'let me pay please'; your mind thought about how jungkook is just like your coffee. he makes you feel refreshed, happy, and most importantly he's not your ex boyfriend who's now your professor.

professor taehyung looked really handsome today. black trousers and a fitted black shirt to go with it, with his glasses on his head as he was going through some papers. even you were ready to admit, if he were not such an exasperating person to be around, you would definitely-

stop it. what the hell?

you look at jungkook, who had a loose maroon sweatshirt on, with some beige pants. simple, but perfect.
in fact, he was what a pinnacle for the word perfect would be. an exact one.
you guys talked about your families, your hometowns, and bitched about things here and there.