Who Knew Best Friends Had Secrets

Hey guys. I'll be updating once on the weekends so that the chapters are longer. Enjoy this chapter and this new story!!!

----------------------

"Hey Max what are you doing this summer?" asked Wendy, Maxine's best friend. They have known each other their whole life, they have been inseparable every since kindergarten and they still live their long friendship as middle schoolers. "Well thank God you asked," Maxine smiled a evil secretive grin. "I'm having a sleepover!!!" she shouted happily. "Shh! You two are in a library not outside!!" hushed the mean old librarian. "Sorry," Maxine slumped her shoulders with a guilty look on her face as her cheeks reddened. "Don't worry, that old hag full of sour cream is just jealous because she has no friends," Wendy whispered to Maxine as they both giggled at the mean comment. "Yay, I bet at night she eats little children when no one is looking," Maxine encouraged the thought. After laughing theirs heads off they left and went to their secret place that they would always hang out. It was like having a tree house with a no boys allowed sign but better. A long time ago they found a hidden part in a park behind the trees and no one knows about it except themselves. It was a place they would kick the whole world out and have fun. "So who's going to be at the sleep over?" Wendy asked. "I was thinking it would just be me and you. Like a best friends hang out. It's going to be two weeks long but you have to ask your mom first," Maxine reminded her friend. "Ugh, I hate having to ask my parents for everything it's so annoying. I wish they would let me do whatever I want," Wendy groaned. "Me too," Maxine agreed.

As time passed by like a fast car it seemed like in less then two minutes hours went, came, and left. "It's getting late I should go home," Maxine said as picked up her book bag and left their secret place for another day. "Bye Max," Wendy waved as she got her stuff too and left. The next morning Wendy had already gotten hyper. "Did you drink coffee again?" asked her mom as Wendy entered the kitchen. "No I didn't. I'm just excited about my best friend's sleep over," Wendy beamed as she was about to walk out of the house. She then started walking backwards to her mom. "Which is what I forgot to tell you. Mom, Maxine is having a sleepover and there's no school so it's the best time to have it especially when school is over. It's two weeks can I go, pretty please?!" Wendy pleaded as she got on her knees made puppy eyes and made her bottom lip tremble. "It's fine by me just ask your dad," her mom said making her last comment. "Why do I have to ask dad? You already said yes," Wendy complained. "Because me and your dad are one. It's like asking half of me to go somewhere. You have to ask both sides not one," Wendy's mom reminded as she always would say. It was like her motto and she would always repeat it. "Fine," Wendy sighed as she went to her parents bedroom. Like usual her dad was still sleeping in bed. As Wendy got on the bed, she began jumping up and down on it until her dad finally woke up. "What are you doing?! I was sleeping!" he said grumpily. "Wake up sleepy head. I have to ask you something. Now get up!" Wendy shouted as she took his pillow from under her dad. "Maxine is having a sleepover can I go?" she said as she still continued to jump on the bed.

"Ask your mother," he moaned with his face against the mattress. "I asked her already and she said yes so can I go?" Wendy pleaded to her father just the way she did with her mother. "You can go if you just leave me alone," he said as he started to snore and went back to sleep. "Yay!!!" Wendy quietly cheered. "Now I just have to tell Max the good news," Wendy thought to herself. She walked to the block her friend lived in and knocked on her door. "Coming!!! I'll be there in a sec!!!" Her best friend called out from her house. A minute later her best friend opened the door with her straight black hair a mess, and in her pajamas. "Sorry, I was doing something for my mom," Maxine apologized. "That's okay. I have good news for you," Wendy said as she entered her friends house. "I asked my mom and dad if I could go to your sleep over and they said yes!!!" Wendy happily jumped up and down. "That's great! Let me just tell my mom so that I could set it up tomorrow. Come at around six and by then it will be ready," Maxine said as she left to tell her mom. Two minutes later she came back with a video game controller and handed it to Wendy. "Let's play on my Xbox. My mom bought me Call Of Duty," Maxine said excitedly. "Awesome! I can't wait! I'll use a machine gun and shoot everything in my way if they have machine guns in the game," Wendy said acting like she knew about the game. She had no idea what Call Of Duty was,

all she knew was there were guns and that's pretty much it.

"So how do you play this again? My mind needs some refreshing," Wendy said unsure. Maxine looked at her with a straight face. "You have no idea how to play this do you?" Maxine sighed. "Not at all." After like a whole hour of being lectured on how to play the game Maxine finally gave up on teaching. "You know what this isn't a type of game you'd play. How about we play... Little Big Planet 3. It's you favorite game series. The third one just came out not long ago," Maxine said taking out the game. "They made a third one?! Yes!!!" Wendy said as she jumped on to the couch and got prepared to play. After endless hours of playing the video game, it became night time. "Well since the party doesn't start till tomorrow I guess I better go," Wendy said leaving her best friend's house. Her friend didn't know but she stayed outside her house just to peek at the decorations they were going to use so she would have the right reactions. Wendy was the type of girl that will search the whole house just to find the Christmas presents. After waiting a while Wendy saw Maxine go and sit on her bedroom window. Maxine wrapped her legs with her arms and tears began to roll down her face like an uncontrollable river. "Maxine?" Wendy gasped as she told herself. "Why is she crying?!" Wendy thought. "I wish I could go back. If only I could go back to being a little girl, being innocent," Maxine sobbed to herself loud enough for Wendy to hear. "Maybe I should end it all. For good. No more suffering after that. Then I'll be fine, and I won't have to worry anymore," Maxine added. "She's... Suicidal?!" Wendy quietly said to herself shocked. What was happening to her best friend. Why didn't she tell her?! "What's going on with you Max?" Wendy whispered to herself quietly. Wendy ran away from her friend's house and went to hers. When she opened her front door two angry parents were on the other side. "Where have you been?!" They both shouted at the same time. " I... Got lost. It was dark I'm sorry," Wendy said. She didn't have the time to listen to her parents give her a speech. "Well why didn't you call us," her mom said a little more calm. "I left my phone remember?" Wendy responded rudely and ran up to her room and shut the door behind her . "If only Max would tell me her problems," Wendy sighed as she laid down on her soft queen sized bed, big enough for three people to sleep in.