It's Just A Disguise

I changed it and now I will be uploading every Tuesday and Saturday. I did it for all who were waiting so here is the new chapter:
--------------------------------------------
Morning came quick for others but for Wendy it didn't. Her mind was still focused on Maxine. "Was that really her?" she thought to herself. "Breakfast time!!!" Wendy's mother yelled from downstairs. "Coming, in a million years," Wendy said sarcastically. After getting ready for Maxine's sleepover Wendy came down only to find Maxine herself. "Hi Max," Wendy said cheerfully. "Hi Wendy. Are you ready for the sleepover?" She said excitedly. "Who is this and what did they do to the crying girl in the window," Wendy thought to herself. "It's strange how she is automatically a happy person than the way she last night," Wendy continued to wonder. "I thought you said the sleepover was going to start at six," Wendy said. "I know but I'm so excited. I asked my mom if I could change it so that it would be earlier. She disagreed at first but then I begged her to death. Now it's at four," Maxine said jumping up and down. "Then I better go back upstairs and get my stuff quickly," Wendy said. Came the sound of clip-clop from the sandals Wendy was wearing and in her hands were two bags filled with clothing and makeup. "Ready," she said. "Of course," Maxine rolled her eyes at her silly friend. As both Wendy and Maxine were about to leave Wendy's parents stopped them. "Where do you think you two are going. You have even eaten breakfast," they stared at the two girls. "We're going to Maxine's house," Wendy lied as she grinned at her friend. They never told their parents about their secret hang out place and it only made the adventure more fun. "We'll eat breakfast at my house," Maxine added to the lie. "Stay safe then," Wendy's dad said as he went back to eating.

"Let's go," Wendy whispered to Maxine. They both ran out of the house and went to the park where nobody could find them. Hidden in their hiding place they went to plan out how the sleepover would be. "So my mom really wants to mess up the party. She wants to have it Barbie themed and well... You know," Maxine trailed off. "Hmm, what do you want it to be themed on. It could be themed on video games where we play till our eyes melt off," Wendy laughed at the thought. "I was thinking maybe it doesn't have to be themed off anything. But the video game idea is cool. I'd do it. What about we have a bunch of candy and have a sugar rush and get drunk drinking soda," Maxine said waving her hands in the air wildly. "Let's have a lot of food and video games and we're definitely getting drunk with soda," Wendy said. "Then that's settled. I'll go to my house and set everything up and burn down anything that has to do with Barbie," Maxine said getting up. "Okay I'll get ready and get my stuff prepared," Wendy said as Maxine stopped for a minute. "Wait you're telling me all that stuff you packed up was for nothing?" She said confused. "That was only one part of my stuff I have a lot of other stuff in my room," Wendy said blushing. Maxine stared at her as if she was some alien from another planet. "Anyway," Maxine said ignoring her strange friend, "I have to go set the party up if you want to help you can but I don't think my mom would like that because she thinks it's a surprise," she said disappointed. "It's okay, I'll come at four like planned," Wendy said as she left. "Bye," they both waved and got ready for the sleepover.

Finally when 4:00 came, the doorbell rang. When Wendy opened the door, it was Maxine's mother ready to pick her up for the sleepover. "Where's your parents, Wendy?" Maxine's mom asked. "Oh they're in the living room watching tv," Wendy said. After that Maxine's mom went inside to greet Wendy's parents and then took Wendy to her house. During the drive Wendy's phone kept vibrating. It was Maxine texting her over and over saying "are you there yet?" or "are you coming?" When she was fully annoyed Wendy at last answered. "Yes your mom picked me up and I'm on my way!!!!" Maxine then texted back really fast "okay good to know. You could have just said that." "So what have you been doing lately?" Maxine's mom turned to her as she stopped at a red light. "Oh, nothing much. Just planning on what me and Max is going to do for the summer," Wendy said. "I remember when I was young and I had a best friend just like you. We did everything together. That is, until she moved far away. I never saw her ever again," Maxine's mom sighed, thinking of the past and all the memories. "You know, it's good to have best friends because your daily friends won't always be there, but your best friend will," she added. "So what do you think about me taking you and Maxine to camp. Wouldn't that be fun?" "Sure! I just have to ask my parents if they would allow me," Wendy said. When they finally arrived Maxine was standing out the door as impatient as ever. "It took you guys a whole year to get here!!!" She exaggerated like usual.

"Calm down drama queen," Wendy said closing the car door as she entered the house. "Imagine if I was being kidnapped and you came here at this very time," she said stomping her foot. "I would be kidnapped and you guys would come here too late." As Wendy entered the house streamers and balloons where everywhere in sight. And as promised there were no Barbie decorations. "I like the way you've decorated the place." "It would have looked even nicer if someone would have let me put pretty Barbie stuff," Maxine's mom said sternly looking at Maxine. "What?! It would be too babyish," Maxine exclaimed. "Anyway," Wendy said ignoring the two fighting, "I brought some movies," Wendy said opening her bag which were filled with movies like Star Trek, Diary Of A Wimpy Kid, and Guardians Of The Galaxy. "Cool, I want to watch Guardians Of The Galaxy," Maxine said grabbing the movie quickly out of Wendy's bag before she even noticed. Maxine went to the living room and played the movie before Wendy and Maxine's mom came in to watch. "Don't play it before I make some popcorn," her mom called out as she went to the kitchen and opened a cabinet and grabbed a microwaveable popcorn bag. "It's buttery popcorn," she told Wendy making her hungry. "I can't wait," she said as she walked to the living to see Maxine sitting on the couch. "I have chocolate for the popcorn," Maxine said as she took out a box of Crunch which can she secretly hid behind a pillow. "I'm starving," Wendy said as she rubbed her stomach as it growled loudly. "I'll ask my mom if she could make you a sandwich," she said as she yelled to her mom to make food. "The sandwich is on its way."

The rest of the day Maxine acted happily like usual unlike the way she was the other night. The whole time Wendy would just wonder. "Why was she crying if she looks fine to me?" She would think curiously. It was at 9:04 when Maxine's mom turned the lights off and both Wendy and Maxine slept on the couch in the living room. At 1:29 Wendy woke up but when she turned to look at Maxine she wasn't there. "Where is she?" When she walked in the hallway Maxine's bedroom light was on. Wendy slowly creaked her door open and saw Maxine in the same spot she was before, at her bedroom window. She was in the same position, curled up and crying. More tears rolled down and it was worse to watch. Wendy hated seeing her this was, she just wanted to jump out from the dark and hug her best friend telling her everything was okay, but she knew she couldn't do that. Not now anyway. What was it that was causing her to feel so bad and terrible? Over and over Maxine would repeat the same words "I should end it," and then more she would say that the pain in Wendy's chest would grow bigger and bigger. "Please don't think this way," she whispered to herself. Maxine all of a sudden and got up to leave her room to go back to sleep. "She's getting up I better go," Wendy thought as she ran back to the couch and pretended to go to sleep. Maxine slowly walked to the couch and went to sleep and every now and then you would hear her sniff from all the crying she was doing. In the morning Maxine was completely different and was cheerful. Every second of it Wendy would look at her curiously. As breakfast was served Maxine munched away like a crazy animal. "Is something wrong," Maxine said with her mouth full as she caught Wendy staring at her. "No I'm just thinking," Wendy said as she quickly turned away. "Just thinking."