Either Talk Or It's The Therapist

The next morning was the same and Maxine's mom could tell something was wrong. "Honey are you okay?" She asked Maxine. "Yes I'm fine," Maxine sighed giving her mom a sign that what she said wasn't true. Wendy noticed that after that moment Maxine's mom seemed to busy herself with something. Every time Maxine would act strange, she held a little notepad in her hand and would write something it in. "What's that's for," Wendy asked getting herself into someone else's business. "Have you noticed something different about Maxine. She's been acting strange. I've been thinking about calling someone to check on her but, I need to wait first until I'm positive that I should make the appointment," the worried mother said. "This is all my fault," Wendy thought feeling guilty. As the day continued on Maxine's mom took more and more notes on Maxine until she could no longer take it. Maxine's mom knelt down to Maxine so that she would be her size. "Hey Maxine, a special person is going to see you," her mom told her as if she was a four year old. Maxine looked up confused. "What for?" Her mom stopped for a moment to choose the right words to say. "I'm worried about you, that's all." Maxine's expression changed as she turned from depressed to angry. "You called the therapist didn't you," Maxine said with pure anger in her voice. "Is there something that I should know?" Wendy thought, confused about the situation that was happening. Maxine stomped away and slammed her bedroom door shut. "Is she okay?" Wendy asked in concern, still having no clue what was going on. "I guess I should tell you," Maxine's mom sighed. "Well, before you two met, which was a long time ago, Maxine acted like this. She was... How shall I say... Kind of depressed. Never in the mood for anything. After a while of her being like this, I wasn't sure what to do, so I called a therapist because I know she would never talk to me about it. The problem about the therapist is that she never told him a single thing. No matter what the therapist would say, Maxine wouldn't speak, she just would sit there with her arms cross. Weeks and weeks went by where I would take her and the therapist got nothing out of her. So, all that time was wasted and Maxine wasn't happy at all. When we moved here she met you and she changed. She went back to being that happy little girl I knew. You changed her and I'm so grateful. Now she's back to the way she was. I just don't know what to do."

"I never noticed her to be this way until now. If only I could do something about it," Wendy said feeling guilty even more. "Maybe you can do something about it. You were the one who changed her, maybe you can do it again. Just talk to her," Maxine's mom said whispering the last four words in Wendy's ear. "I wish I could do something about it," Wendy thought. Wendy sat alone wishing there was something she could do, but the only reason Maxine was like this was because of her. Wendy went outside and saw Maxine lying against the tree of their newly built treehouse. "She must have sneaked out without anyone noticing,"Wendy thought. "Hey Max. Is everything okay?" Wendy walked over to her and sat down on the grass. "No," Maxine said looking at the ground. "My mom is going to call the stupid therapist all because she wants to get into my business." Wendy has never seen happy Maxine upset for something so small. "You know your mom really cares about you. She only wants the best. The only reason she's calling the therapist is because she's worried about you and she feels that you would rather talk to a therapist instead of her." Maxine looked up with a straight face. "Well she was wrong about that," Maxine said as she got up and left Wendy alone.

Wendy went inside the house and found Maxine and her mother awkwardly avoiding each other. If Maxine was going to the kitchen and her mom was there she would immediately leave there and go to the living room instead. "That's it you two," Wendy said as she grabbed them both and dragged them to the living room. "Both of you have to talk to each other about what's happening or else you will never have a trust bond. So either you two speak or we will be in this room for a long time," Wendy said eyeing both of them. None of them spoke for a moment but they would look around the room to avoid having any contact. "You're still going to the therapist," Maxine's mom whispered. "Are you serious," Maxine shouted as she through her arms in the air and angrily stormed away again. "I blew it didn't I," her mom said. Wendy didn't say anything because she knew it would be rude but only nodded. Wendy found Maxine in her room and lightly knocked on the door. "Who is it," Maxine said almost unable to hear. "It's me," Wendy said as she slowly opened the door revealing her head. "Come in," Maxine said not looking at her. Wendy sat down next to Maxine on her bed. "You know your mom didn't mean to upset you," Wendy whispered. "You know what," Maxine turned her head looked at Wendy angrily. "She doesn't mean this, she doesn't mean that, if she didn't mean it then she would tell me herself rather than using you. I know you're trying to help but if my mom really cared than she would talk to me," Maxine said chocking up tears on me last few words.

She was right. Her mom should talk to her instead. "She's not using me. She didn't even tell me to tell you this. But, I did talk to her. She told me about how worried and how much she only wanted you to be better. I'm only passing it down to you. I don't have to, it's my choice, but I do anyway. Now I want you to go up to her and just talk. It's the only solution if you want the problem to stop," Wendy tried to convince her. Maxine looked up unsure about what she was going to do. "Go to her and talk." Maxine rolled her eyes at her. "There's nothing for me to say. I can't just say mom you don't listen, if I said that it would make everything more complicated than it needs to be," Maxine stood firmly on the ground. "You're stubborn you know that," Wendy laughed even though Maxine didn't find it funny. Wendy threw one of Maxine's pillows at her. "Pillow fight?" Wendy suggested and she held a pillow in defense. "My mom would kill me," Maxine lightly tossed the pillow back to Wendy and left the room. "What is it with her and leaving?" Wendy wondered. "Must she be so stubborn?" As Wendy left the room she found Maxine and her mom going through a problem but this time it was the opposite of avoiding each other. Instead, they were fighting. "You never listen to me so why would I talk to you?!" Maxine shouted. "That's why I'm calling the therapist!!!" Her mom yelled back. "I don't need a therapist. I can solve my own problems!" Maxine's mom looked at her and for a moment stopped fighting. "What problems?" She asked innocently. "Ugh!!!" Maxine left her mom confused.

"Maxine?!" Her mom chased after her. "Leave me alone!" Maxine called from her room as she locked the door. "Best sleepover ever," Wendy sarcastically said under her breath. Maxine's mom knocked the door so that loudly you could hear it from outside. "Let me in," she pestered her. Maxine gave no answer. Nothing. After knocking and knocking her mom left her alone. Wendy walked towards Maxine's room, remembering that a long time ago she gave her a key. As she unlocked the door and opened it, she saw Maxine wrapped with blankets, crying on her bed. Not the loud sobbing type of cry, the quiet and lonely type. The one to prevent anyone from hearing. "Maxine. If you want this whole confrontation between you and your mom to end, you're going to have to tell her. I know how it feels to hide something from someone because you don't want them to know, but eventually you're going to have to say it." "You don't know how it feels to be locked in a situation that hurts. You have no clue. Stop trying to compare situations if you've never gone through it. Just leave me alone," Maxine pushed Wendy out of her room and took her key away from her. Then she locked the room locking Wendy out of it. "If you're trying to solve a problem, then don't make one," Maxine said through her door, hurting her friend in every way.

"I caused the problem?" Wendy said hurt. Wendy left the hallway and walked to the kitchen where Maxine's mom was. "Hey Wendy, remember that thing I said about camp," she asked as Wendy entered the room. "Yay, I remember. I asked my parents if I could go and they said it was fine," Wendy made a fake smile, trying to brighten the family. "Well, tomorrow is the first day and I signed both you and Maxine up for it. Maybe over there you can talk to her," Maxine's mom said with a voice full of hope. "I've tried talking to her here, I don't think I can do any better over there," Wendy said filling Maxine's mom full of disappointment. "I can still try," Wendy said as Maxine's mom looked at her with a smile on her face. "Thanks. If she changes, then I'll call off the therapist appointment. Otherwise, she's still going." Wendy stared at Maxine's mom. "She doesn't want to talk to the therapist. She would rather talk to you," Wendy said angrily. "It seems like her mom doesn't care. It would be better if she would talk to her, herself," she thought. "Maxine said it herself. She said she wasn't going to talk to me," she responded back as if she knew everything that was going on. "She won't speak because you won't listen. Maybe you should try that some time," Wendy said leaving the kitchen feeling guilty afterwards for the way she talked to her. "I was only defending my friend, I shouldn't be feeling guilty," she thought. The rest of the day Maxine was no where in sight, instead she stayed in her room. Wendy got worried for a moment but realized that Maxine couldn't do anything to harm herself in her room. She didn't own any harmful items like knives or pills. After that thought Wendy calmed down but still felt worried.
--------------------------------------------
Sorry for not uploading on the other days