A Treehouse Full Of Questions

When lunchtime came strolling by Wendy thought of something that could be a cool way to hang out rather than walking all the way to the park. "Hey Max, I have an idea," Wendy said as she put her bag of chips down and finished chewing. "What? If it has to do with me doing something embarrassing I'm not doing it," Maxine said. "No it has nothing to do with that. What if we made a tree house? Wouldn't that be cool? We wouldn't have to walk back and forth to go to our-" Wendy said as she was quickly interrupted by Maxine. "Shh! Don't say it my mom could hear you," Maxine whispered harshly. "We could just go to a treehouse," Wendy whispered. "But where would we put it?" Maxine said as Wendy stopped for a moment and remembered that they didn't live next each other making her idea difficult. "If you put it in my yard you would have to walk all the way there. If you put it in your yard I would walk all the way there. Where are we going to put it," Maxine said still waiting for an answer. "Let's just put it in your yard since we are here anyway," Wendy sighed. "Are you sure that's okay with you?" Maxine asked as Wendy nodded. "We need materials and we first need to ask my mom before anything," Maxine said disappointedly since they had neither of those things. "Don't worry we'll build the treehouse and we will have it done as soon as possible," Wendy reassured Maxine. "I'm going to ask my mom if she will allow it. For now you can draw a model on how it would look like," Maxine for up and left, walking toward her mom's way. After talking to her mom for which seemed like ten minutes Maxine came walking towards Wendy's way this time with a smile on her face.

"So how did it go," Wendy asked knowing the answer by the way Maxine was looking at her. "My mom said that we could have the treehouse." "Great now how are we going to build it?" Wendy asked Maxine. "She said that today at four we could go to Home Depot and buy the supplies," Maxine said still smiling. Later that day at four like planned, Maxine's mom took Maxine and Wendy to Home Depot. They bought a bunch of wood and nails with tools like screw drivers and hammers. Last they bought paint for decoration. It took three days to complete the treehouse and when they did it looked amazing sitting there on the tree branch. A shinny red coat of paint shined and their roof was a dark purple that blended well. "It looks great," Wendy proudly stood in front of the treehouse, rubbing dust off from her shirt from all the work. "It does," Maxine's mom said coming from the house handing Wendy and Maxine drinks. "Well I'll let you two girls play and I'll be inside reading my book. If anything happens come in side. Have fun," Maxine's mom said opening the door and leaving Maxine and Wendy alone. "Let's go inside," Maxine said as she began climbing the ladder that was built against the tree. Wendy followed behind and went inside. The smell of freshly cut wood filled the treehouse. "So why don't we play a game of truth and dare?" Wendy said as both girls sat criss cross on the floor. "Sure, I go first. Dare or dare?" Maxine said grinning. "Dare dare dare," Wendy said giggling. "I dare you to... Go up to my mom and do a silly dance," Maxine said putting her hand against her mouth to cover her big smile. "Ugh please don't make me," Wendy whined. "You picked dare you have to," Maxine said nudging her best friend.

"Fine," Wendy groaned getting up and leaving the treehouse. Two minutes later Wendy came up, back to the treehouse with her face as red as a tomato. "So how did it go," Maxine laughed at her friend. "It took ages just to get to the house and when I went to your mom I did it and your mom joined in my silly dance. It was so embarrassing," Wendy sighed. Maxine laughed non stop as she no longer could hold the urge not to laugh. "Now my turn. Truth or dare," Wendy said hoping she would pick truth so that she could question her friend. "Truth," Maxine said to Wendy's surprise but she was thankfull. "I'm just going to ask you a few questions? What do you think of life?" Wendy just wanted to know what she thought. Answers were all she needed, because those answers could be ways that could give Wendy the cure to Maxine's sadness. Maxine's face got red but not in a good way. It looked like she didn't want to answer the question. "Well are you going to answer the question?" Wendy waited impatiently. "Um... It's good..." She lied. Wendy couldn't believe she was lying!!! The more she lied the more frustrated Wendy got. "What makes you feel sad? Those things. For me it's death. What's it for you?" Wendy pushed Maxine even more. "Why are you asking me these questions?" Maxine nervously played with her hair avoiding any eye contact between Wendy and her. "I'm just curious. You still have to answer the question. What's the answer?" Wendy waiting still getting no response from Maxine. "Honey it's getting late!! Wendy, Maxine get inside! We can watch a movie inside," Maxine's mom saved the awkwardness. Maxine sighed thankfully, unlike Wendy who got up upset at her friend for not answering her question.