Max Verstappen- Envy

The meaning of envy is plain and simple. Jealousy over what someone else has that you may want as well and if any one was envious towards someone it was Max to Y/n. They had a great qualifying the day before the race, Max in 3rd and Y/n in 4th and Christian could not be happier. During the race they were able to maintain their positions until the last 5 laps were it began to rain in Austria and Y/n was far more experienced in the rain than Max considering Y/n grew up in Austria and when she began karting her first race was in the rain so she used her knowledge to her advantage and when Max was up in 2nd and Y/n in 3rd she began to close in on him and they all realized she was much quicker and Christian ordered the team Engineers of both to run the overtake scenario where Y/n would take his position and push on for the last 3 laps and take over Hamilton who was currently leading the pack.

"Alright Max we have Overtake Scenario, please make way for L/N" He was enraged when he heard that over the radio and immediately cussed over the radio.

"What the HELL, this absolutely unbelievable, unbelievable!" He did as he was told though it ate him up inside and if he had it his way he would overtake her as soon as it was the last lap. He watched as she went in front of him and she flew like water, she so easily began to put pressure on Hamilton and on the next turn she was able to move him out of the way and take P1 and she could see the checkered flag in view and as soon as she crossed it she heard the cheers over the radio from her team.

"Congratulations Y/N, beautiful beautiful race!" She cheered loudly over the radio.

"Thank you thank you, this was a team effort truly wow P1 and P3!" She made her way over to the pit and parked the car in front of the P1 position and climbed out of the car and did her celebration and got out to run over to the crew who were behind the barricade and she jumped over it to celebrate with them and they took her in their arms. After she got back over she went to congratulate the others.

"Hell of a race their y/n I'll admit it" Lewis smirked at her and she laughed hugging him.

"Thank you, next time don't leave such a wide opening" She winked at him and he scoffed sarcastically as she walked away to congratulate Max whom as soon as she made her way over walked away to the garage and didn't look back once, and that made her roll her eyes at how childish he was being, she understood he was meant to continue in front of her but sooner than later she'd overtaken him. She congratulated Charles who placed P4 and they hugged but after they pulled away he could see her change in expression.

"What's bugging you darling?" She looked at him and smiled.

"Nothing it's fine" He wouldn't take that for an answer. "Something is clearly wrong"

"Max isn't happy about todays race and I know it's business but I feel bad for taking this from him" Charles laughed and Y/n scolded him.

"Darling, give him time it'll all work out soon enough I promise" They smiled at each other and went over to their garages. Y/n was greeted by Christian Horner and he immediately hugged her.

"Wonderful race Y/n truly" She gave him a tight lip smile and he could tell she felt off.

"I know but it doesn't feel like the best"

"You had to overtake him he was slowing you down, he'll get the next one and if it's not him then it's you" She nodded and he put his hand on her shoulder.

"He's in his room if  you wanna go grab him for the podium celebration" Y/n smiled at him and made her way over and knocked on the door.

"Come in" She turned to knob on the door and she saw him laying down on the massage table alone with his towel over his head. She closed the door behind her and he took off his towel to see who it was and immediately put it back on.