Christian Horner- Letting go

Y/n Horner had gone her whole life struggling with the fact that her father was none other than Christian Horner team principal of Redbull Racing. When she began karting everyone would only see her as his daughter and not for the driver she really was. Everyone said she was in the Redbull drivers academy simply only because of her father, which of course had some part to play with but not entirely. She showed time and time again she was a very talented driver because at the end of the day the car didn't drive itself. When she reached formula 2 she raced alongside Max Verstappen and he was a true friend to her considering how they both related on being pressured to be the best. Max was always treated by Christian like a son and it would make Y/n smile because she knew he didn't have that when he was younger. He knew better than anyone what talent she had and that she could be a great driver. When she won the championship in formula 2 he was beyond happy for her despite him placing Vice-Champion and his father beyond pissed. When they were 16 he was signed on to what is now known as Alpha Tauro but once was Toro Rosso and began his formula 1 career much quicker than Y/n even then she stood at his side. When she began her years he looked after he as it was all new to her. Christian only became more strict on her safety and would not accept her being in a much faster car that could kill her in an instant.

"I just don't see why you need to move up so quickly you're doing great where you are" Y/n rolled her eyes and got up from her seat. She hated when he did this, treated her like a child when she was now a very mature 19 year old.

"Oh please I'be done this my whole life, I've ridden horses, bmx bikes that have little to no protection!"

"Yes but you sometimes aren't able to control the car and you can't really hope it'll stay on the track" She gave him a look and stood in front of him.

"So what you don't see me capable of doing this? What because I'm not your precious Max or Daniel?" He shook his head and held his fingers at the bridge of his nose.

"I just think you won't be able to take on the pressure" Her face dropped. Normally she could take whatever anybody decided to comment about her and it never really hurt but it coming from her father and him doubting her now that hurt.

"I'll see you on track" She didn't want him to see her weak, if anything he was the reason for her holding in her emotions because she never wanted him to think of her incapable of handling things. It pained him as she walked away knowing he was in the wrong but his father instincts took over. Y/n walked out of the garage and went over the the alpha Tauri, she was told she'd go out on a qualifying run although it was raining. She put on her balaclava, helmet and got into her car later putting on her gloves as she was shown data and then awaited the go ahead to exit the garage. Once allowed she slowly made her way out of the pits and off she went to the track ready to clear her head by doing her absolute best, and trust whenever something was going on she'd express it all on track and it usually gave her a good outcome. She was flying despite the rain, but these were the conditions she raced on track at home and the team cheered at the garage and she had a smile under her helmet. When she reached the checkered line she called over the radio to know the status.

"Alright what position are we?" With a few moments of silence came an eruption of cheers over the radio.

"THAT IS POLE POSITION, Y/N YOU WILL BE STARTING AT THE FRONT TOMORROW!" She could not believe what she had just heard she waved at all the fans as they too cheered and she brought the car in to park it in front of the p1 stand. Getting out she stood on top of the car and did her celebration and hopped off running to the team as they engulfed her into a huge hug and she walked over to those who had placed p2 and p3. Lewis placing p2 and Max p3 they walked to her and congratulated her.

"Definitely not liking you taking pole position but that was one hell of a quali race" She smiled although you could only see the crinkle of her eyes with the visor up.

"Thank you that means a lot Lewis" He smiled as he had already removed his helmet. Max immediately engulfed the girl and picked her up from off the ground as she laughed at the action.

"I TOLD YOU, YOU COULD DO IT!" She smiled as he removed her helmet and balaclava and admired the girl completely.

"It feels great, thank you for always believing in me" He smiled at her giving her a toothy grin.

"It what you always do for me and I'd do anything for you"

"Anything?" He nodded.

"Kiss me then" He furrowed his eyes as if asking if he had heard right.

"Kiss you?" She nodded proudly and he only smiled as he leaned in to kiss her and cheers were all over the place the second the witnessed it occur. Cameras obviously capturing the moment and Christian in the background completely speechless but yet again his wife did warn him they were bound to fall in love at some point. Pulling away they smiled widely and he put his arm around her shoulder as they walked off to get weighed and the moment y/n got her slip Christian came over and hugged her and it took her a second to acknowledge the situation but then she reciprocated it.

"I am beyond proud of you, not just today but everyday and I'm sorry if I ever made you feel like I doubt you because I don't I only have trouble letting you go" She smiles at her father.

"I know, thank you dad I love you" He smiled and they walked over to where max was and he smiled at them as Christian held him with his other free arm.

"Now about that whole little kiss out there" Y/n froze and looked over at a scared Max.

"Run" Max raced out to his quarters and Y/n held back her father. So much for letting go.