Chalres LeClerc- Denial of love

Charles and y/n had been best friends since childhood, they were inseparable in absolutely everything for example when he began to do karting she was there for every race win or loss. Through all the good days and bad days, every heartbreak and achievements heck they were each others first in everything because they were afraid to be inexperienced and well when they came of age where they wanted to do the naughty with someone they didn't want to be inexperienced so well they became each others first and since then they had fallen madly in love with each other though they hadn't admitted it to one another nor would they ever. When Charles made it to formula 1 Y/n continued to be there even when he had a girlfriend, she was the second he'd go to but he had always wanted her to be first like before because without her knowing he looks for her after every win or loss because that's who he found comfort in. Y/n wanted to be the first he'd hug or kiss as well but of course she stood in the shadows and let another women love him but of course they couldn't love him they way she could. Charles had just won in Spa and wanted to go out and celebrate with everyone and they all went to a club and everyone was drinking and dancing and Y/n was convinced by Daniel to let loose and boy did she.

"Come on you can not sit here all day and not have fun" He had walked up to her when he saw she was just sipping her drink.

"No I think I'm good here it's packed" He stared at her intently and sat next to her and looked at her.

"Come on I'll be with you the entire time" Y/n looked at him and down at her drink and she thought what did she have to lose. So she downed the last bit of her drink as he cheered and got up and held out his hand for her to take and they made their way over to the dance floor. While all this occurred Charles had looked at them from start to finish as they made their way on the dance floor and danced as if they were the only ones in the room, laughing and having a good time and he had grown tired of seeing them dancing together so he made his way over and tapped Daniel on the shoulder.

"CHARLES!! Hey man" Charles gave him a quick smile and whispered something into his ear and Daniel had a smirk on his face and he backed away laughing.

"What the heck did you tell him?" Charles smirked at her and only pulled her closer to speak to her in her ear which the action caused her to feel a pit of butterflies in her stomach.

"Don't worry about it and just dance with me" He pulled away from her ear and stared at her directly face to face and the actions caused her to grow nervous and he smiled at how she squirmed when he placed his hand on the back of her waist. They continued to dance to the rhythm of the music and all the drivers had smiles on their faces because they too saw what the they were too blind to realize.

"What do you say we head on out and call it a night" He had spoken in her ear since they music was quite loud Y/n hesitated to respond and Charles only grabbed her hand and led her out of all the noise and into the fresh air where they walked for a while to reach the car.

"Why'd we leave so soon it's barley 10pm?" Charles walked with his hands in his pockets and occasionally looked over at Y/n.

"Just thought it'd be better to leave and just talk you know" Y/n nodded still very confused as to why he wanted to spend this time talking when he could easily go home to his girlfriend.

"Shouldn't you get home I'm sure Olivia (I just came up with a name for the purpose of the imagine) is waiting for you no?" He stopped walking and looked at her intensely and she turned to look at him and grew confused as she walked closer to him.

"Charles what's wrong?" He sighed as he ran his hand through this hair.

"I don't love her Y/n"

"But your with her for that reason no?"

"No Im with her in hopes of getting over the love I have FOR YOU, but I can't stop myself for wanting YOU!" Y/n looked at him with clear shock on her face because she had never thought he felt the same.

"You love me?" He looked at her and his heart broke at the thought of her not believing that he loved her more than anything.

"Ive loved since we were kids and had no clue of what that word truly meant, from every first we had together I have loved every part of you for as long as I could remember and every day I'm with you that love for you only grows no matter how hard I have attempted to deny it, I can't anymore and I don't want to" Y/n pulled him closer to her and smiled at him and some sense of relief washed over him.

"I'm glad you finally say something on it because I can't contain the fact I want to be the first person you go to when you win or lose and be the one you hug or kiss everyday and I can't help but still love you even if I was in denial at first, I love you" He smiled at her and pulled her closer to him and held her face in his hands and kissed her as if it were the first time all over again and from then on they had more firsts good and bad ones but they were grateful to have accepted they were in love.