Chapter 13

The Durga Ashtami Night ,
At the Haveli ,

Koel didn't know what she was doing nor she wanted to know. Shrikanth went downstairs while the everyone else waited for the next step.

Shrikanth lured Koel into thinking that he was Shashidhar . And she believed him too. Slowly he started moving backwards while Koel followed him.

Koel , not being in the state to think about anything , imagined herself in the past as Manjulika. Her love was calling her. And this time no one would be able to separate them.

In the main hall ,

Acharya ji chanted some mantras as threw havan samagri in the holy havan agni. Hearing the noise of anklets everyone knew that Manjulika was here. Batuk looked towards the direction of the noise only to find Shrikanth walking inside the hall.

But what shook them more was that Koel was following him , dressed up in Manjulika's clothes and jewellery.
Janki stepped back with her hand on her mouth.

Janki - Yeh...yeh sab kya ho rha hai ? Koel ?

Acharya Ji's disciples grabbed Koel and made her sit infront of the havan. The havan was still going on and Koel was screaming like a maniac.

Karan went inside with Koel picturing him as the ruler from before. He got up to the small podium and lay there as Koel was given a sword.

As Koel was about to do her first attack. The place where Karan layed turned and a cloth puppet came up instead.

Koel in all her aggression repeatedly attacked the puppet till she fainted. The family stood shocked. None of them able to comprehend what was happening. Wasn't Suman possessed ?

Faizi - Koel!!

Faizi got Koel up as everyone else came out of their hiding spot. Karan came out from under the podium.

Badri - Yeh sab ho kya rha hai ? Koi kuch samjhayega!

Monami - Main batati hu uncle

Badri though a bit reluctant let her continue. Monami started from her suspicion and ended with her plan to get Koel out of her mental state.

Janki - Hey bhagwan itna sab ho gya aur tum logo ne humein batane ka socha tak nhi

Sanjana - Apko batate toh humare plan ke fail hone ka khatra aur jyada hota. Hum nhi chahte the ki aap log pareshan ho.

Batuk - Aur meri beti uski kya galti thi ?

Suman ji - Mujhe sab pehle se bata diya tha Monami ne. Aur Suman ji, Koel ki help karna chahti thi toh hum bhi sab natak karne ko taiyar ho gye.

Badri - Koel....ab woh thik toh ho jayegi na ?

Monami looked at Koel who was still passed out and nodded her head slowly. Badri took a breath of relief.

Badri - Chalo Koel ko uske kamre mein le jao. Aaram karne do usko aur baaki sab bhi apne apne kamre mein Jaye.

Saying so he went to his own room with Batuk following him close behind. Acharya ji took his leave as well.

Janki went to the mandir to thank the lord. The rest of them left as well leaving Karan and Monami alone.

Karan - Thanks

Monami - It's fine

Karan - No really thanks a lot. Shayad tumhari wajah se Koel ab pehle jaisi ho jayegi