Chapter 15: All Gone Wrong

Jungeun watches Sooyoung delicately pry the equipment. Every so often electric sparks would flicker from her hand and the computer screens would light up for a split second.

Jungeun leaves, and 20 minutes pass.

"Yes!" Sooyoung exclaims and holds her hands up in victory.

"What?" Jiwoo asks.

"I got in," Sooyoung smiles.

Jungeun leans over the strung-together wires and metal equipment to see the computer screens flashing a grid of videos.

"This is a real time video. I managed to get their service and used it to damage the blockade between me and the cameras. These are the security cameras throughout the entire building," Sooyoung explains, her eyes gleaming.

"Holy shit! That's even better info than I expected!" Haseul says.

Jungeun playfully punches Sooyoung's arm, "Such a smart-ass tech dork."

"Yah! I only know a whole bunch of tech 'cause of my energy manipulation," Sooyoung responds.

"You should have connected to their service a day earlier and rented a car so we didn't have to walk," Jungeun says.

Sooyoung rolls her eyes.

. . .

Kahei reappears out of thin air.

Her lunar manipulation has come more naturally.

"Hey."

Kahei turns around to see Haseul. She responds back, "Hi."

Haseul walks closer to her and takes a seat on a rock. "I'm nervous."

"Oh, well, why would you not be?"

"I don't know," she says. "Maybe I'm just intimidated by the ginormous size of the building."

Kahei laughs. It's true.

She looks at the building.

It has to be about a quarter of a mile long. There's only one story, and it has no windows, only doors that unevenly line the side. A light gray paints the outside, with dents, scratches, cracks, vines, and rusted brown spots speckled all over.

It gives off an ancient feeling.

"No matter what, I will always be there for you during this whole operation," Kahei comforts her.

Haseul smiles. "Thanks."

. . .

The sky has turned a beautiful gradient of dark reds, oranges, and yellows, with the moon faintly lit in the distance.

Yerim takes a deep breath, knowing she's going to have to start the operation soon. She closes her eyes.

Calm Yerim

She waits a few moments before opening her eyes. She looks at her hands, trembling.

What am I saying. I'm freaking out.

"Everything will be fine," she mutters to herself.

She hears a few footsteps approaching.

"Hyunjin, Yerim, Heejin, and Sooyoung, you ready?" Jinsoul asks.

They all nod.

Jinsoul crouches and starts making her way toward the building. Yerim follows close behind Hyunjin.