Chapter Twenty Safety

After several hours Kris had reached town, where he entered the streets with his suit on and Anthieyah in his arms. His limbs were sore; his entire body screamed out in agony to be let out of the unusual confines and he was tremendously hungry. He knew it was only a few more minutes till he was back at Anthieyah's home where she would be safe. Then he could rest and ease the animal growling inside him. However, even when he got her home, he was going to have to wait to relieve his own worries. The first thing he would need to do was find a medic, or healer. Whatever it was they called them. Someone more qualified than him to deal with her injuries.

Anthieyah hadn't awoken once since they found her which concerned Kris. However, despite her arms and legs being covered with blood, the wounds were starting to scab over. Except for the deepest of them that were the direct result of the vorlixx's claws. He wasn't an expert at these things and hadn't taken any medical classes as Valerie had, but he knew even a simple cut could be deadly if the bleeding would not stop.

As he walked through the streets in the full suit of mechanical armor every woman he passed looked at him. They had never seen such a thing, they didn't even have the kind of armor that a knight had. Every woman however could see that it was a man inside and those who were not overwhelmed by the mere sight of the machine looked up at him with admiring stares.

Kris wanted to help with the search for Valerie, but he knew Anthieyah needed his attention right now and if it weren't such a distance from where Valerie likely was from the town, he'd go and help with the search once he knew Anthieyah was in good hands and going to be all right. However, he did not even know how long that alone would take. When he arrived at Anthieyah's home he pushed through the curtains, glad it wasn't a door. In the armor he was much bigger and with Anthieyah in his arms he found it a tight squeeze to get through the doorway without damaging it badly. He was very careful not to bump Anthieyah against anything, though it was not easy as he could barely move inside the tight confines of the building. Where she was not knocked against anything, Kris found that he would bang around. He was relieved that Anthieyah didn't have much in the way of decorations. Otherwise, he would have surely destroyed some of it.

He set her down on her bed, putting the one blanket over her then went back outside where several women who had followed him had gathered.

"Anthieyah's injured, can any of you get a medic?" he asked, feeling a little uncomfortable. He had always known that he was a fairly decent looking man, but it unnerved him to have woman following him around. He couldn't imagine how so many celebrities handle it.

One nodded, a woman with pale pink hair and she ran off while the others remained, admiring him. It was like even without the suit he was much bigger and more handsome than any other of the men that were there. Though for all he knew, he was. Kris did his best to ignore them and went back inside and fell down to the floor where he leaned back and rested against the wall while he waited for the medic to arrive. He was relieved to have gotten Anthieyah back and that the people here had enough self control to not intrude on someone else's home.

He was too tired to even try getting out of the suit. His legs were aching and his arms were sore. Using the suit must really strain the body the way they enhance speed and strength. After all the moving about in it so long, the only thing he wanted to do more than eat was to sleep.

Reminded of his hunger by a loud grumble, he got up and went to the kitchen to see if Anthieyah had anything to eat. At the moment he didn't care what it was as long as it was edible. Finding something, he ate it hastily to satisfy the burning hunger eating away at his inside. Just as he was finishing someone knocked. Kris went to the entrance to see who it was.