Chapter 4

A figure hovered above N and the other. The figure lifted a finger and pointed at Yugo, "You, the boy in the blue hat, we have a lot to talk about."

      "The inn is closed come back tomorrow," Alibert shouted.

     With a sudden streak of light, Nox disappeared from the sky and reappeared in front of Yugo, hovering a few feet off the ground. Immediately everyone drew their weapons.

     "Calm yourselves. I only wish to speak with the boy," Nox said, hands clasped behind him.

     "And if he refuses," Alibert said, clutching his shovel.

     "Then, Some unnecessary actions will have to have to use."

     Yugo stepped back as Nox reached to grab him. But Nox paused as two figures leapt in the air behind him.

     N and Percedal dropped toward Nox. They struck, but Nox twisted and raised his palm. A wave of light washed through them, and they froze mid-air. Just before they hit, it looked like Nox froze them in the air, but as N could see, they weren't stopped but slowed to the point where it looked like they froze.

     "Impossible," N said, shocked.

     Nox disappeared again in a flash of light as an arrow shot through where he stood.

     "Get behind me, Princess," Evangelyne said as she stepped in front of Amalia with her bow drawn back.

     Nox appeared above them in a streak of light, and Evangelyne aimed and shot an arrow at Nox, but the man raised a hand, and the arrow slowed down to a stop just before the arrow tip touched him.

     "You're quick young Cra," Nox said. "But not quick enough." He vanished and reappeared in the middle behind Evangelyne. Nox threw his arms out, and a wave of energy pushed them off their feet. Instead of falling to the ground immediately, they slowed as they fell.

     "He's a Xelor, a time wizard," Ruel shouted as he fell back slowly, that which was barely noticeable.

     "And my time is quite precious, so let's make this quick," He appeared in front of Yugo. "Now, my Boy, you will tell me everything you know about Grougaloragran the Dragon, and I mean everything."

     "D-Dragon, I... I don't understand," Yugo said in confusion as the Az also fell away slowly on his shoulders.

     "Maybe you'll talk more if I deal with your friends first, starting with this little Tofu". Nox raised his hand and pulled the yellow Tofu into His palm.

     Nox grasps the Tofu in his hand and Notices a blue feather on its tail. He plucks the feather and inspects it. The feather was glowing blue, and tiny sparks of light radiated from it. Then the feather flew and began writing letters in the air. The feather left strange bright characters in the air in a circular formation.

     "Hmm? Very interesting," Nox said, waiting for the feather to finish writing. "It's in Draconic."

     The feather completed writing and puffed into smoke. Then spiralling, the letters spun around and flew into Yugo's eyes. The last of the characters entered Yugo's eyes and blinked in confusion. Nox held out his hand, and a sword materialized in his hand.

     "Tell me what you just heard, you little brat, or I'll crush you and your friends," Nox said as he levelled the sword at Yugo's face.

     Alibert's fingers started twitching, and then, with great effort, he moved. Still slowed down, he turned, placing his foot down. Greeting his teeth, he grabbed his shovel.

     "Don't you lay a finger on my son," Alibert shouted as he swung the shovel.

     Alibert slaps Nox's sword away with his shovel. He steps in, pulling Nox by the foot and slamming him to the ground. Before Nox could recover, Alibert stepped in again and stabbed Nox in the face with the shovel. But the shovel was blocked by a wall of light before it could reach Nox. Alibert struggled to ram the shovel into Nox's face. The thin light wall shattered like glass as Nox vanished in a streak.

     A strong gust of wind and energy pulsed from the spot. Alibert's shovel stabbed the ground and shattered. He fell to his knees.

     N fell to the ground as time went back to normal. He stood up to see Alibert begin to age rapidly. His hair and moustache turned grey, his skin turning old as he lost weight and grew thin and sickly. Yugo quickly ran over to check on his father, only for Alibert to fall unconscious.

***

     The Sun was shining above as Yugo, N, Percedal, Amalia, Ruel, and Evangeline began their Journey to find Yugo's family. Yugo looked back at Emelka. He left his father sickly old, but fortunately, he was a bounty hunter in his youth, leaving him with enough strength to keep moving. And Ruel reassured him that if something were to happen, the honest people of Emelka would look after their kind mayor.

     Yugo kept staring back but was brought to attention when someone placed a hand on his shoulder. He glances over to see N standing behind him with a new change of clothes fit for adventurers. Before they left, A clothing merchant in the village gave N new clothes as his old ones weren't suitable for a long adventure.

     Now N wore a sturdy sleeveless white shirt with long tails in the back and front outlined with red at the edges—dark filmy trousers and silver armour boots.

     "Come on, bud. We've got a long way to go," N said with a smile ushering him to join the others.

     "Come on, guys, It's adventure time," Percedal said. "To Oma Island and Yugo's family."

     Yugo stood still for a moment before smiling and following the rest of his friends. They made their way odd circular tree. Ruel reaches into his pocket and pulls out a glistening blue stone shaped like a teardrop. Ruel threw the rock in the middle of the tree, and it dissolved into a blue light. A portal looked similar to the ones Yugo can make.

     "Right," Ruel said, turning to the others. "Let's start by going to Kelba Market. With a little luck, we can get a map there".

     "You know," N said. "I never really used these before."

     "Really," Ruel said, but he shrugged. "well, their first time for everything."

***

     Meanwhile, Amalia stood with Evangelyne behind the rest of the others, having decided what she would do next.

     "I made up my mind Eva," Amalia said. "I'm not going back to the castle! If my father loves me, I'm sure he'll accept my decision, but I understand if you don't wanna come".

     "You don't even know how to cook a newt kebab," Evangelyne said. "But I'm warning you. We help Yugo find his family and then go straight back to the castle."

     "Okay, but quit calling me princess and stop treating me like one," Amalia said. "From now on, I'm your good friend Amalia."

     Evangelyne paused for a moment. She has always been the serious one of the two. Perhaps it was because she was the princess's bodyguard. Even after they travelled together, she kept calling her "princess" instead of her actual.

     "Okay," Evangelyne said, smiling. "I'll treat you as a...friend, princess".

     Amalia smiled back, and they joined the others and entered the portal.