chapter 5

Blue light flashed on a circular tree. Bright light met N as he stepped on the other side. He shielded his eyes and squinted. It felt strange teleporting. The moment he stepped into the portal, all became white for a brief second, and he got the distinct feeling of falling. Stepping out into the sun, N stumbles. He almost fell over. Behind him, Amalia and Evangelyne as they step out as well.

     He looked around. Yugo was on the ground face-first into the grass; he must have fallen when he stepped out. The boy stands up and pats dust off himself. As Yugo dusted himself small flock of small crows perched on the tree portal and, strangely, laughed.

     "It's exciting taking a Zap Portal for the first time, eh," Ruel said as he patted the last bit of dust from his shirt. "Of course, I do it all the time."

     "Oh, stop with another one of your tall tales. You fell, I saw you," Percedal said. "You just got up quickly."

     "I slipped. And you might want to show some respect for your elders, boy," Ruel said, Scowling and turning away from Percedal.

     "Don't worry, Ruel," Yugo said, smiling. "I fell too."

     N looked ahead. They stood on top of a small hill overlooking a breathtaking landscape of rolling hills covered in lush green grass, which rustled in the wind blowing eastward. Above the blue sky, the sun shined brightly, and there were a few dark clouds above, but they didn't show any sign of rain.

     It felt rejuvenating as N took in the air. The sunlight on his skin made him feel full of energy.

     "Stop behaving like kids," Evangelyne said, crossing her arms. "If we want to reach Oma, it's in our best interests to get along and stick together."

     "Your right Eva," Amalia said. "We didn't start an adventure to end up bickering like some spoiled princesses."

     "Right, How about we visit this Market place Ruel mentioned," N said.

     "Yeah," Yugo said as he rushed off to Kelba Market. "Last one, there is a greasy Gobble."

     N watched as the boy went downhill. Soon, the others rushed after him leaving N, Amali, and Evangelyne behind.

     "I just said that we need to stick together," Evangelyne said.

     "We're going to the market anyway," N said as he walked past Evangelyne. "so we better follow him."

     N's dashed down the hill. He didn't see any other adventures around like he thought he would. Seem like not a lot of people come to this place. His run took him toward a giant mountain formation that pierced the clouds. As he entered the shadow, he could hear the voices of merchants calling out products on the other side. N rounded the formation and eventually reached Kelba Market. The market was smaller than he thought; about a couple of merchant stalls with dozens of products stood here, and as expected, there weren't a lot of customers there.

     N arrives and joins the others as they walk through the marketplace, Yugo looking around in awe. Evangelyne came later after behind him.

     "Wow! there's loads of amazing stuff here," Yugo said. Walk up to the stall selling some used weapons.

     "This place is perfect," Evangelyne said. "Let's band together and get ourselves a map."

     "Count me out," Ruel said. "My bag is as empty as a carrot field on Wabbit Island."

     "Spent all your money on that dress of yours," Amalia said and turned away laughing. But her laugh suddenly changed into a deep and menacing one, this surprised her, and she stopped laughing.