X-mas Special

There was a knock on your door.

Well... not exactly a knock. Pounding at your door is a bit more accurate of a description.

You groan as you roll out of bed to see who would bother you so early in the morning.

"Merry Christmas!"

You glare at the volleyball team standing in your open doorway. "Bah humbug."

And you slam the door in their faces.

Tendou hollers from the other side of the door. "But it's Christmas!"

A deep frown settles upon your face. "Go away."

Goshiki decided it was his turn to try luring you out. "We've got presents for you!"

You pause, slowly turning to the closed door with a raised eyebrow. You wall over and crack open the door, peering out at the boys. "You all got me presents?"

Semi smiled and nodded. "We wanted to thank you for putting up with us."

"And for agreeing to even be our manager in the first place!" Tendou beamed.

You just looked at all the team members standing before you,  noticing that each one was holding either a bag or a box. "I didn't get any of you anything...."

Kawanishi stepped forward. "You didn't have to. We did this for you."

Shirabu joined in. "You've had to put up with a lot, even before becoming our manager. Our gifts are to somewhat make up for it."

Ushijima nodded, extending his hands out to give you a small bag. "Thank you for being with us this year, L/n."

You slowly took the box, a smile creeping its way onto your face. "Thanks, guys. It was an interesting year."

***

"So... how was your Christmas?"

He shrugs. "My teammates were spamming out group chat at ungodly hours to wish each other a Merry Christmas."

"Damn. I'm sorry about that."

He looks at you and smiles slightly. "Don't worry about it. It's much better now that I don't have to be around my teammates or family."

You blush at his words. "Yeah. At least you're free from that now, Kei."

Tsukishima nods. "Yeah. How was your Christmas,  Y/n?"

You groan. "The guys on my team had pounded on my door just to give me presents first thing in the morning."

"Sounds awful."

"It was."

There was a brief silence before you two burst out laughing.

You cease your laughter to look at the night sky, basking under the light of the moon. "It's beautiful out tonight."

Tsukishima looks to the sky. "The night sky does look pretty. It's just really cold out."

You giggled as you notice the slight frown on his face. "It's winter. Snow and cold are bound to happen."

As you said that, a few small snowflakes trickle down from the sky.

You and Tsukishima look at each other.

You smile warmly at him. "There's the snow."

He nods. "There it is."

You slowly scoot closer to him, leaning your head on his shoulder. "There's no other way I'd rather spend my Christmas."

"Yeah.... I think like this Christmas."

"Kei?"

He looks down to meet your sudden gaze. "Yes, Y/n?"

"I love you."

Tsukishima blushes. "I... l-love you too."

You smile at him. "Does this mean we can be boyfriend and girlfriend?"

His face slowly reveals a smile, a warm gaze on you to match it. "I'd love to be in a relationship with you."

You two cuddle up under the night sky, enjoying the moment between you two. There was no noise, just a calming silence wrapping around you and Tsukishima.

You break that silence with a sigh. "Merry Christmas,  Kei."

"Merry Christmas, Y/n."

Merry Christmas