Moonlit Talk

"Sorry about my annoying teammates."

You giggled. "Don't worry about it, Kei. I know what it's like to deal with guys like them."

Tsukishima smiled as he looked at you, taking in all your facial features up close. "So... what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Anything, really. Just nothing school or volleyball related. I'd rather just focus on you, nothing else."

He was glad that it was dark enough outside that you couldn't see the darkening blush spreading on his face. "Then... um...."

"Finding it hard to come up with something to talk about?"

"It's not that. I just don't know what would make for better conversation." He looked away, flustered.

You hummed, looking at him with adoration in your eyes. "Your eyes are beautiful, Kei. They remind me of the moon."

Tsukishima looked at you with wide eyes, feeling his face building up more heat. "W-what?"

"Your eyes are so mesmerizing. I could just get lost in them." You stopped walking, starting to feel yourself getting lost in the tall boy's golden-brown eyes.

He stared into your e/c orbs. "Y/n."

"Yeah, Kei?"

He leaned down, face inching closer to yours. "My eyes are mesmerizing to you?"

You nod slightly. "Mhm. They're beautiful, like the moon. Just calming pools of moonlight. I love them."

"Your eyes are also really pretty. I could get lost in them."

You snap out of your trance, realizing how close your faces are. "K-Kei?"

He flinched, straightening himself up again. "Is something wrong, Y/n?"

Tears build in your eyes. "I... I don't know. My heart keeps beating so fast and I can't understand why."

He smiled, chuckling softly while reaching his hands to your face, wiping your tears gently. "I know how you feel. My heart also beats really fast... when I'm around you."

"Huh?"

"Y/n, I-"

"TSUKISHIMA! WHERE ARE YOU?! WE WANNA HAVE A TEAM MEETING AND NEED YOU THERE!" The two of you heard the two annoying second years from Karasuno shouting.

Tsukishima groans, a deep frown forming on his lips while irritation clouds his eyes. "Of course."

"What were you saying-"

"Y/N-CHI!" Hinata appeared and immediately engulfed you in a hug. "Kenma asked me to get you. My team is gonna be having a meeting and Nekoma wanted to discuss something, but they want you there. Oh, there you are, Tsukishima! Tanaka-senpai and Nishinoya-senpai have been looking for you!"

You give a small, awkward smile to the energetic boy. "Thanks for letting us know, Sho. But, uh... you kinda interrupted our conversation."

Hinata looks between the two of you. "Then I saved you just in time, Y/n-chi! Tsukishima never has anything good to say. Let's go!" He begins pulling you back towards the school.

You look at Tsukishima, a sad look in your eyes. "Maybe we can talk later, Kei?"

Tsukishima gave you a sad look, shrugging. "I guess...."

***

"You called me here, interrupting my conversation with Y/n, just for this bullshit?!" Tsukishima was unable to remain calm when the Karasuno team was nearing the end of their meeting.

Hinata huffed, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "Why do you care so much about bothering Y/n-chi?"

Tsukishima slammed the door open. "She and I were about to talk about something important and you ruined it! Stay out of my personal life!" He slammed the door close as he left the room, storming out of the building once more. Once he got outside, he sat under a tree that was on a nearby hill.

Back in the Karasuno team's room, the guys just stared at the door in shock. None of them expected Tsukishima to behave in that manner.

Yamaguchi sighed, feeling bad for his friend. "Poor Tsukki."

Meanwhile, you were finishing up your talk with the Nekoma team.

Kuroo turned to you apologetically. "Sorry about having you come here suddenly. We didn't mean to interrupt anything you were doing."

You gave a reassuring smile. "Don't worry about it. I still have time to continue with that. This was pretty important as well, and it wouldn't have been good if we held it too late. You all need to get plenty of rest for all your matches tomorrow."

Yaku smiled gratefully at you. "Thank you for understanding, L/n. And we all appreciate you helping out."

"It's no big deal on my end. And you're my best friend's team, I'm glad to be here to help out."

Kuroo chuckled. "Now, go on and do whatever you want. We won't be bothering you till tomorrow."

You giggled, heading towards the door. "Alright. Have a goodnight, everyone."