1

________

Holding hands was something special for me, the soft touch of the skin being connected to another. The meaning that it has, the close relationship that someone can see just by the link of the fingers.

The ocean doesn't have hands, but putting mines under the sand used to feel like the hands of Eywa. Tsireya always told me that it was true, that every little piece of the sea was part of Eywa and that all of  us were always holding hands with her.

I love Tsireya's hands, they are big and soft. She used them to braid my hair when I'm too lazy to do it myself. Reya lets me play with her fingers when I feel nervous, we are like sisters since her parents chose me as Aonung mate.

Aonung. What a difficult na'vi. You will never know what he wants until he tells you, probably in a bad way. He is really easy to upset, but he is good at making me laugh. We've been together for almost 4 years now. He was there when I got my tattoo, which he designed.

Rotxo and him were always annoying Reya and me. We have these nights, female nights? We tell each other our doubts and she asks how I feel about her brother. Aonung and I... we never talk about the future, when we are together we just have fun, like the na'vis of our age. There is no need to worry about our future and when we will command as the thasìk and the Olo'eyktan.

Something that we really enjoy is swimming races or just swimming on the darkest part of the ocean, where our skin glows and the fishes are small and prettier than ever. Aonung likes to hold my hand when we are not competing, he says is warm and comfortable. I like it too, I like swimming around him, which makes him smile. I like dancing in the water with the creatures that share the ecosystem  with us. I like going to the tree of souls with him and just resting til late when we think his parents will worry about us.

Reya always insists on me dancing for everyone at the little parties the young ones made, but I always rejected the offer. I was a shy dancer, I would stay on the sand, looking at her dancing with everyone. She was such a princess, she always looked precious. She is precious.

"Why are you here all alone?''

"I'm just resting''

"From what? You didn't dance, not even a little bit'' I looked at him, letting him know the answer he was looking for. "Alright. What if I dance with you?''

"Aonung...'' His hand held mine quickly, making me follow him to where everyone was dancing. He started dancing in a funny way, making me laugh. He goes around me, his face mimicking and telling me to dance with me. "No, I'm not doing it''

"C'mon Lìra'y. Don't be boring, you always dance with me''

"That's different. We were alone''

"Then imagine we are alone'' He comes near me, his hand touching my face softly. He was acting as if no one was around. "Dance with me"

I let a smile out while I started to follow his movements, we were having fun. Tsireya joined us a little bit later, dancing with me. We moved around each other, holding our hands and laughing at Aonungs dance skills.

"I'm going to get some fruit." Reya nodd at my sentence. The table with the food was not too far from where we were dancing so it didn't take me long to start eating some snacks.