3

————————

"So you like him?" A little laugh came out of my mouth. Reyas skin has a darker tone of blue in her cheeks. "Oh my Eywa! You are blushing! You like him, you like him! Reya and Lo-"

"Shut up!" Her hand covers my mouth. "Maybe I like him. We just met Lìra'y, I can't be sure"

"Let me tell you that the color on your face doesn't say the same" She hits me, making me laugh. "He likes you, I'm sure about that. He looks at you all the time"

"Aonung looks at you too"

"We are not talking about him" I pointed at her with my finger. "Listen. The forest boy is into you"

"You think?"

"I know"

Tsireya smiles at my sentence and lets herself fall next to me on the floor of my room. 
We look at each other before we start laughing a little bit too loud.

"Okay okay. We have to sleep, because if we don't you won't be able to talk properly to your boyfriend"

"Lìr! He is not my boyfriend!" Reyas hands cover her face. "Stop saying that"

"Alright" I smiled at her. "Good night Reya"

"Good night Lir"

Being woken up by Aonung and Rotxo was annoying. Rotxo will scream in your ears till you hit him, and Aonung will tickle your feets.

"Stop! Rotxo shut up!" I tried to punch him but he moved away from me quickly. "You little piece of shit"

"Hey! Don't compare me with you!" I started to run after him out of the room. "I was joking Lir!"

"Too late!" I saw him twisting on a tree to enter into the beach so I followed him. "Fuck."

"Are you okay? I didn't see you"

"Well, I didn't see you either. I'm fine Neteyam" He lets a sigh out. "Have you seen Rotxo?"

"Uh... yeah! He went to the food area"

"Thank you. I'll help you with the ilu later!"

I entered the food area without a rush, searching for my friend. I couldn't find him. "Where are you?"

"Where is who?" Kiri appears next to me. "Oh, did I scare you? Sorry!"

"I didn't hear you coming" She started walking to the table with different fruits and I followed her. "I recommend you these ones. The flavors will explode in your mouth."

"Okay, let me be the judge of that" Kiri ate the fruits I told her and her eyes widened. "Oh! You are right, they are amazing!" She filled her hands with more of them. "I will take them. Maybe some more"

"Take as you want Kiri. There are a thousand of them on the island."

The girl smiled at me and walked away. I looked around again just in case I saw Rotxo, but otherwise I found Ronal, looking at me and not too happy.

Before I could do something, a hand touched my arm. "Good morning Lìr" Aonung kissed my cheek softly before he grabbed some food.

"Did you finish annoying your sister?" He smiles. "I lost Rotxo before doing my revenge" I rest my head in his arm, watching the na'vis coming and going on the food area.

"I know that my mother is pressing on you."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You never want to talk about anything Lìra'y." Aonung walks away from me.

"Aonung wait." But he doesn't. I sighed and start walking the opposite direction. "Perfect."

He was right tho. I was bad at telling what I feel, but he was also like that. We always talk but not about us, we talk about the day and what we will like to do the next day. He knows I hate talking about my mom and I didn't even get to know my father.

"Okay, maybeI should have told him. But, I don't want him to worry about me."

"You can tell me."

I jumped. "Eywa! Your family has a thing with scare me!" Neteyam laughed at me. "Oh, now you laugh. How sweet of you forest boy."

"Sorry, sorry. I thought you heard me coming. I step on a stick."

"Well I didn't."

He sat next to me. "I heard something worrying you and the fact that you are afraid of telling someone." I look at him. "Listen. I'm not going to say anything, and I'm a good listener."

"I barely know you"

"True, another reason to tell me. Someone told me that being open to strangers is easier than opening to someone important."

"Why?"

"Because you don't care what that na'vi thinks." He has a point. "So my ears are open and my mouth is closed, talk ocean girl"

I laughed at his nickname. "I'm probably going to regret this but here I go." I sighed before I started speaking. "Ronal told me to get away from your family, she doesn't trust any of you. I'm the future thasìk and I'm supposed to learn from her, but she puts too much pressure on me and it's getting over me. I can't take it, and Aonung knows it and he wants to talk about it and comfort me, but he is very impulsive and would tell her mother to take it easy with me and she will think that I'm not the na'vi she thought I was when she chose me and that would get me away from my friends and so much worse from Aonung and I really, really like him. And now he is angry at me because I don't want to talk about it and I'm scared that he will stop trusting me not just as her future thasìk but as his best friend."

I don't know when I started crying but tears were now all over my face and my voice was cutting itself with the sobs I couldn't control.

I felt Neteyams hand on my shoulder, he didn't talk as he promised, but he looked at me with his eyes telling me that he understood what I was feeling. "It's okay Lìra'y." That phrase was the last wave before the storm. More tears went down my cheeks and my sobs became louder and louder, my arms went around the na'vi I met a few weeks ago. "You can cry as much as you want, I'm not going anywhere. Imagine I'm one of your friends."

Not a friend. His arms became the ones a brother would have, his hug made me feel safe and his voice was now my brother's voice. The brother I never get to know, or hug. The brother that never get to comfort me.

Neteyam was my brother.
I saw a brother on him.
————————

an- stop, I really love this chapter and the friendship of this two.
💌🫂