2

—————————

"Don't try to act cool. You must be relaxed and do not hurry anything" Aonung hands grabs Neteyams, putting them where they have to be and helping him to get on a safe grab. "This ilu and you are one now, (it is a she by the way), think about what you want her to do, swim slow and-"

My words get interrupted by the laugh of Aonung, Neteyam and I look at him confused. He was laughing at Lo'ak and he tried to ride de ilu but failed completely. I had to cover my mouth to not show my smile to him or his brother just in case they took it as a mock. But, Neteyam started laughing so hard that he almost fell off the ilu if it wasn't for me grabbing him.

"Be careful." I don't say too much, I have no intentions of being friends with any of them. The only one that integrated me was Kiri, she has an aura that shows relaxation and calm. "Let's get back to the lesson."

Aonung told him what to do again, just in case his 'forest brain' didn't understand. I looked at him, how he was feeling better than Neteyam. He has this expression on his face that I really like, his eyes have a weird glow, like it was proudness of himself. He is confident on what he is doing.

He looks at me. I quickly remove my eyes from him, looking at the blue waters around us.
Neteyam tries and succeeds. I clap for him. " That was really good, Neteyam."
He thanks me before I head to the sand, out of the sea. I brush my hair with my hands while I stare at the sun. Today is shining more than it has been all week. Someone stands next to me, Kiri, we are the same height.

"The Sun is bigger here than in the forest" Her words caught me off guard, I didn't expect her to talk. "I guess it is because there are no tall trees like where we come from. Which makes me realize how big the Sun is."

"How big are the trees in the forest?" I look at her.

"Taller than any of the ones that are here" She doesn't look at me, it is like the ocean memerice her. "I kinda miss it, but this is beautiful"

"Yeah, it is"

None of us said anything else till her brothers and my friends came to us, telling that Reya we're going to teach them how to breathe correctly.

We sat in a circle, looking at each other before Reya started talking to them about how to breathe correctly. Neteyam, next to me, was doing incredibly well. To be honest, I thought he wasn't going to do it.

Lo'ak, on the other hand, was quite bad.

"Breath from here" Reya touched his abdomen, indicating where he had to catch the air.

"Lo'ak. Your heart is beating really fast, calm down"

"Sorry" Neteyam and Rotxo share a laugh. I smile, they are cute. Lo'ak and Reya, they are so tense between them, it's hilarious.

Aonung seems a bit annoyed about the forest boy and his sister. He is probably jealous. "Am I doing it well, Lìra'y?"

"Huh?" I turn my head to Neteyam. "Oh yes, you are doing it better than I expected" He smiled at me. His eyes become smaller when he does that, that fact makes me smile to myself.

Dancing with Aonung makes me happy. But dancing with Tuk was funny, she has these dance moves that make me laugh so much. "You are such a cutie!"

"Oh, thank you. But..But I am very dangerous too!" She pointed to her little fangs. "See? I bite Neteyam once and he bleed!"

"Oh wow. Then you must be careful." I squished her between my arms. "We don't want a bloody Neteyam."

She laughs. "Your hair tickles me!" We both laugh when a voice calls me from behind us.

"Lìra'y. Come with me, I want to talk to you"

"Yes Ronal. Bye Tuk" The little one waved her hand in my direction and continued dancing by herself. The thasìk let me pass in her house. "What do you need?" I speak to her in a familiar but respectful voice.

"I don't trust them." She looks at me, cold and direct to the point. "I know you are friendly, but do not lower your guard" She came closer, her hands grabbed my face softly. "You are the future Thasìk. You must act like one."

"Yes Ronal. I.. I try all the time, but they look inoffensive."

"That's your mistake, your heart is weak." Her words hurt me. "I don't want to see you like that. Show them how strong we are, don't disappoint me Lìra'y."

"You can trust me."

"Mother, here you are. Oh, Lìra'y." Aonung looks at me surprised.

"Son, perfect timing. Why don't you two go for a walk? Or much better, go and swim!"

"Ah, okay mother." He seems confused but takes the order anyway. "Let's go Lir"

We walk together, no words come out of my mouth. My mind is full of the words I just heard.

"Lìra'y" As I hear the voice I notice the water around me, we are already at the sea. "What did my mother tell you?"

"Don't be a snitch Aonung! It was a thasìk thing" . I pushed him without force. "See you at the soul tree"

I submerged myself and started swimming. The animals get out of my way when I pass near them, I feel Aonung close to me. We make our way to the tree, I love that place. The connection with Eywa that we are able to make and the feelings you can feel. It makes me feel complete.

"Do you want to tell me now?" Aonung gestures to me, I roll my eyes. "Oh okay, we can just. What are we doing here?"

"I wanted to talk with Eywa" I answered him with my hands before bonding with the tree.

All the anxiety and worries disappeared. My mind was white and my ears only heard the voice of my mother mumbling. Oh, my mothers voice was just as I remembered. I could feel her hands braiding my hair slow to not hurt me, her morning hugs and the night ones, those were my favorites.

My mother's hands were perfect, they weren't big but not small. She loved to touch my face, make little massages while humbling melodies about Eywa. I wasn't mad at her, the sadness disappeared a long time ago. My mother and my little brother weren't ready, Eywa had them now, together, taking care of me. Waiting for me.

I disconnected from the tree.

Aonungs eyes are fixed on me, just in case I break. "I'm fine" I signed for him. He gives me a soft smile and offers his hand to go back outside.

His hand is my favorite, for sure.

————————