Scene 18 - Failed, with damaging results

We see Spacehawk flying away from Mars. The damaged Treehawk has been returned inside the craft, as have the remaining Zeroids. Inside the control room, Dr. Ninestein slowly walks with frustration in the control room, angry that the invasion attempt failed. The other members of the Terrahawks are joined in the control room with him. Mary tries to calm him down.

Dr. Ninestein:

We failed. Failed.

Mary:

You can't blame yourself, Tiger. No one could have predicted what happened.

Dr. Ninestein:

We've had major casualties, Mary. Don't you realise that? Zero and some of his men gone. Treehawk needing major repair work which we can't perform. Mr. Bob also gone. We have no chance now.

Hiro:

101, can you plot the course of Zero and Zeroid 18's trajectory?

Space Sergeant 101:

I'm afraid that will not be possible. The blast was too instantaneous for me to get a fix.

Hiro:

And Mr. Bob?

Space Sergeant 101:

We lost track of it when it reached the Martian surface.

Zeroid 99:

Poor old Serg. And 18.

Zeroid 35:

They could still be alive somewhere. Out there. Somewhere. I don't know.

Zeroid 55:

Somewhere, out there!

Zeroid 68:

Oh for goodness sake! We can't possibly do a search for those two now. We have no radio communication. No trace of their whereabouts. And they haven't been able to return to the direction of Spacehawk. The likelihood of their rescue is completely out of the question.

Dr. Ninestein:

Shut up! All of you! We've lost it. There is nothing else we can do.

Mary:

Tiger, do please try to calm down.

Dr. Ninestein:

How? We've had the only opportunity to win the war. And now it seems that we are worse off.

Mary:

Let us try to think what we should do next. Think with a clear head. What will Zelda and the sentient androids do next? Then, once we know, we can make a decision. Does that sound good?

Ninestein tries to calm down.

Dr. Ninestein:

Alright. We will have to assume that Zero, 18, and Mr. Bob have gone. Now that Zelda has aligned herself with her new enemies. Their strategy is obvious. The invasion of Earth.

Kate Kestrel:

Decide what you think best, Tiger. If the Earth is going to be invaded, where do we stand?

Dr. Ninestein:

Where we always have done. The first line of defence.

Mary:

I suggest we make all speed to return to Earth. Then, we will be ready for the invasion and be able to fix Treehawk.

Dr. Ninestein:

Yes, Mary. Set course for Earth, Hiro.

Hiro:

10-10.

Spacehawk begins flying back towards the Earth.