Chapter 6

I was waken up be gaurds screaming, Thomas shaking me awake and everyone jumping off the helicopter, I checked my pocket for chucks wooden figure, it was still there, and jumped off. Sand flew into my face and my hair blew every direction since the wind.

Before we made it inside the building I looked back to see guards shooting at, animals? Then the doors closed and everything went quiet. A man suddenly comes around the corner with two guards behind them.

"I'm sure you have many questions," he says and we all nod

"Let me just say you all are safe from WCKD" he says I was suspicious, he uses a hand motion for everyone too follow him but before they do I stop everyone.

"How are we supposed to believe you," I ask and he smirks turning around.

"I know your suspicions but please just follow me," he says and we do hesitantly.

We turn a few corners and walk through a large warehouse, "my name is Janson by the way," he says.

Janson leads us all into a room before closing and lock the door I run up to it and start banging on it.

"What the hell," I say turning around to face everyone, to my surprise, behind all of them i see large tables full of food, every food you could think of.

"Oh my god," I say looking around causing everyone else to look around.

"I call dibs on the rice!" Fry says as everyone digs in, we all eat for an hour or two after we were full he sat in the room for a really long time.

Suddenly Jansons guards open the door and we all stand up.

"Alright then, let's do something about that smell now," Janson says

"Yeah Minho," I tease,

"YeAh MinHo," he mimics elbowing me.

Janson leads us to a large locker room with a long row of showers and a pile of towels for all of us.

"Come on Teresa," I say grabbing a towel, we walk over to a corner where the boys couldn't see us undress. I rapped the towel around my body and walked over to a shower.

I see Thomas with a towel around his waist and smirk at him walking into the shower and closing the certain.

"I never thought there would be a day where I could take an actual shower," everyone agreed and laughed turning on the shower, "ah's" and "oh's" came from everyone as the warm water hit our bodies.

When I was done I turned off the water and rapped the towel around my body once again, me and Teresa took the time to get to know each other while we got ready. She wasn't as bad as I thought.

When we were done I saw Thomas pulling his shirt on so I turned around and we walked the other way giggling. When they were done we walked over to them and we all walked to where the "exit" sign was showing us. We walked into a room with lots of doctors. They did tests on us and gave us unknown shots, when it was finally over we were lead to a cafeteria like room.

Tables were filled by people around the same age as us, Minho looks around and finds us a half empty table.

We speak to the people that were sitting with us and it turns out we weren't the only maze. Suddenly Janson comes out with a clip bored reading off names and the people who were called walked over to him and lined up against a wall smiling.

"Were are they going?" I ask one of the boys we were talking to answers, "there going somewhere safe but they can only take a few at a time," he says as the people who were called walk away.

"Teresa?" I say when I see her walking with the other people. I stand up and walk off.

"Y/n!" Thomas says running after me, the guards stand by the door not letting me in and I notice a key card so I make a commotion giVing me a chance to grab it. Thomas pulls me away by my waist and I look at him.

We sit back down at the table and the other people who were talking to us before said that everyone came a little while ago.

"But that kid over there, he's been here a whole week," the boy says pointing over to a small boy sitting alone.

"He was put in the maze with all girls," he laughs, "some guys just get lucky like that," everyone laughs except me I just roll my eyes at the comment.

Later Janson leads us to our bedrooms, we walk down a passage way and his guards unlock the door and open it, all the boys in front of me walk in and before I could enter Janson puts an arm out so I can't enter.

"Boys and girls have separate bedrooms," he says smiling, I look at him in disbelief and laugh.

"I have slept by these boys for over six months I think I'll be okay," I say taking a step forward but he pushes me back.

"Don't touch her!" Thomas yells pushing jansons hand off of me.

"I'm staying with them and that's final," I say and he sighs agreeing.

"Don't get any ideas," he says

"Yeah yeah," I roll my eyes, he closes the door and locks it behind me. I become even more suspicious.

"There is something about this place that I don't like," I say

"Let's just sleep it off," Winston's says and we all agree.

Thomas lays down into a bed and I walk over to him slightly nervous, "can I lay down with you... I don't want to sleep alone," I say and he instantly scootches over so I can lay down by him. He puts his arm around me and I place my head on his chest.

"It'll be alright y/n," he says to me, I agree drifting off to sleep as he runs his fingers through my hair.

My sleep is interrupted by whispers coming from under the bed, I sit up and Thomas does the same, we both look under the bed to see Aris in the vents.

"What the h-" I say but he puts his finger up to his mouth to keep me quit.

"C'mon follow me," he whispers and we follow him, we crawl through the vents. A vent opening showed us doctors rolling bodies into a room.

"I don't think we're safe from WCKD," Aris says.

"What ever is going on we need to leave," Thomas says and I agree.

We crawl back to our room and go back to bed.

"Do you think we can trust him?" I whisper

"Yeah why would he show us that stuff if he wasn't on our side," Thomas says.

"Yeah, let's just sleep it off," I say laying into his chest again.