Dreamcatcher-Dream x Cross x Nightmare(fluff)

{I got a dreamcatcher for christmas so I had to do this. Yay double upload! Also, the ship is here if you squint, but I'll make a part two where it's more obvious.}

    Cross looked at the box. It was small, but he wasn’t about to risk opening it just yet. Epic just looked at him, goofy smile still on his face. 

    “I dunno dude. How am I supposed to know it isn’t a prank?” he asked. Epic shrugged. “C’mon bruh. It’ll help ya! Well, it’s supposed to. Never had one.” 

    That just made Cross more suspicious. But it wasn’t like Epic would get something to hurt him. Still, never hurt to be safe. Cross set the box on the table, stepping as far away as he could while still reaching it.

    He opened it, shielding his face immediately just in case something jumped out. Hearing a snort of laughter, the monochrome skele opened his eyes. Inside the box was…? 

    “What is it?” Epic lost it, full blown laughter escaping him as Cross grabbed the thing in the box. It was some ring thing? About the size of his head, with tassels and feathers hanging down and strings crisscrossed all across the center, all in shades of purple.

    “It’s a dreamcatcher bruh! You said you’ve had more bad dreams lately, and this thing is supposed to catch them, so…”

    Cross looked at it again. It didn’t seem like something so powerful. Then again, Dust was tiny and could kick anyone’s ass, so looks could be deceiving. 

    “Thanks dude.” “No problem bruh!”

    Cross had hung it up above his bed the moment he returned to the castle. Epic wasn’t lying; Cross had been having more bad dreams lately, despite Nightmare’s help on the matter. Hopefully with this, his boss wouldn’t have to worry about him.

    Plus, it was pretty. So even if it didn’t work, it was good decoration. He just had to make sure that Killer didn’t see it. Bastard would tease him about in some way, no doubt about it.

    Cross, deciding that he was too lazy to do much else, flopped on his bed, falling asleep quickly.

•time skip to morning•

    Cross was confused. He just had the best sleep he’s ever had. But he woke up? Why? Well, Cross didn’t care. He just wanted some more sleep.

    Just as he was about to nod off again…

    “Why are you still here?!” “Shut up!”

    Cross blinked his eyes open, grumpy about the fact that his sleep attempt was sabotaged. 

    He thinks he must still be asleep once he recognizes the skele next to his bed though. Last he checked, Dream wasn’t exactly welcome here at Nightmare’s castle. Speaking of which…

    “Cross wake up and help us,” hissed a very familiar voice behind him. Turning around, he saw Nightmare beside his bed, looking very pissed off. Cross blinked again, processing everything for a second before sitting up, moving away from the head-board so as to look at the two of them.

    “What’re you two doin’ here?” Cross asked, voice deeper than usual since he just woke up. Both of them looked at him, Dream sheepishly while Nightmare looked about ready to kill someone. 

     “We felt a sort of…calling to be here,” Dream said. “Then we got here and woke you up by accident.”

    “But why’re you still here?” This time, Dream looked annoyed, though Nightmare still looked murderous. 

    “Because of your stupid decoration thing!” Cross looked at Nightmare, confusion on his face. Nightmare just pointed at the wall above the bed, where Cross’ dreamcatcher was. Both Nightmare and Dream had a hand tangled in the strings making up the center of it.

    Maybe Cross was still more asleep than awake, but the idea that two of the most powerful people in the multiverse were defeated by a little decoration was hilarious. 

    Having finished laughing(Dream had looked offended by how funny Cross found it, while Nightmare seemed to be planning his death), Cross went over to them. After about ten minutes, both skeletons arguing over the top of his head, Cross had finished detangling them.

    “Mind explaining why you have that damned thing,” Nightmare demanded, rubbing his hand to bring feeling back into it. Dream was doing the same thing, glow having returned now that he was free.

    “Epic gave me it. Supposed to help with the bad dreams I’ve been having lately. Didn’t want to bother you, boss,” Cross explained. Dream’s glow dimmed a little as Nightmare gave him one of his signature glares. 

    “You know I don’t mind helping you. Or any of the others for that matter,” Nightmare said, glare still apparent as he stared at Cross’ mismatched eyelights. Cross, brave unless it came to his boss, looked at Dream. Which turned out to be a mistake, as the dimly lit skeleton leveled a glare of his own at him. 

    “I would help too. As long as Nighty doesn’t mind that is,” he said, glancing at the skeleton in question. There was a moment of silence before Nightmare broke it with a sigh.

    “I guess I would allow it. Only because you would be helping my boys,” he said, still making eye contact with Cross. 

    “Although I would like to request that you get rid of that thing,” Dream said, glancing at the dreamcatcher on the wall. Cross laughed, nodding as he went and got it down.

    “Yeah, no problem!,” he said, grinning towards the two of them. Nightmare nodded, before teleporting out, Dream doing the same a moment later. 

    Cross stood there a moment, before hanging the purple dreamcatcher back up. 

    “Yeah, I’m not getting rid of this thing. Way too funny of a way to wake up for me to get rid of it.”