2: Unexpected Faint - Amity

Luz ran into my arms as she walked into school the next day. "Hi batata!" I smiled. "Did you just call me a sweet potato?" Luz let go of me, cocking her head to the side. "Yeah," I lifted a book from my bag, "I've been learning these words from this human book!"

...

It was a recipe book-

...

But Luz doesn't say anything about it, she just laughed it off. "So, how are you?"
"Oh, I'm-"
"*GASP!* I just had the best idea!! You should come over to the Owl House!!!"
I looked one way, then the other awkwardly. I didn't even get to finish my sentence.. I thought.
"Well, I dunno, I've never been before."
"Don't worry," Luz kisses my forehead, "we won't fry up owls like you think."
Before I could object, Luz grabbed my wrist and tugged me into our first class.

Time: 10:40 AM - Lunchtime!!

"Hey Gus! Willow, Hunter. How are you guys?" Amity calls.
The scene is perfect, Willow is sitting next to Hunter, their fingers intertwined.🥺 Gus is sitting with them, the smug look on his face suggesting that he shipped it. "H-hey guys,"Hunter replies embarrassingly, "c-come on, sit down!" He beckons us over. Me and Luz sit next to each other, of courrrse, and she kisses me. On the lips. IN. PUBLIC.

...

Me, Hunter, Willow, and Gus stare at Luz in utter shock. Willow and Gus giggle to themselves, definitely thinking the same thing, and Hunter just stares appallingly."Why would you do that, Luz...? I mean, we're in public!" I say. "Whaaaaat?! I can't show a little love for my sweet potato...?" Luz sighs, making the KEE-YUTEST puppy eyes face. Willow and Gus copy, and my mind goes blank. Luz's gorgeous face, her stunning brown hair, her "hey there, hermosa" caramel eyes, they all light up my world. I couldn't take it anymore, so...I sorta....PASSED OUT ON THE SPOT. I wobbled a bit, my face heating up, blush filling everywhere, even my ears, and I kinda just......WHOMP!!! "AMITY?!?!" Everyone screamed. The whole cafeteria went silent. When they took me to the nurse, she said I had a case of Crushing-ingitis, that can be cured by sticking a 40 FT NEEDLE down my THROAT. Right then and there was when I decided NOT to go to Hexside's nurse ever again.

...

School was over lickity-split, and Luz and I  were already on Eda's magic staff Owlbert flying home. "EEEEEE!!!" I yelled. "Have you really never been on a staff before? Jeez, why'd you pick her?" Eda scoffed. "Eda!!" Luz covered my ears, but the pointy part stuck between her fingers, making me blush. I was frozen on the staff, so Luz switched places with me and let me sit in her lap. Yeah, was that embarrassing...

Stay tuned for part 2!!