⁰ ⁰|𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

She couldn't breathe.

The air that made it into her body felt like poison, slowly burning its way through her system. An unbearable pain exploded at the back of her skull and it only increased tenfold when she attempted to scream but no sound made it past her lips. It felt like her whole body was on fire.

Where was she?

She slowly regained consciousness as some of her senses gradually awakened. Opening her eyes proved difficult and she quickly shut them after struggling to leave them open even for a second. She felt herself being moved and could hear commotion around her. Everyone was talking, some shouting but she couldn't make out any words let alone sentences. Tiredness enveloped her and she fought against the darkness that threatened to consume her. She tried to remember the events that led to this, what had hurt her this badly? Only brief flashes of her birthday and the argument with her parents flitted through her mind before the pounding in her head felt like it was about to rip her brain apart.
She was being moved, probably on a stretcher. In a span of a second the pain she felt tripled and she could feel her body convulse. The noise around her increased, everyone was shouting and she desperately wished they could just keep quiet. Air was being forced into her lungs and she finally gave up in her fight against tiredness and was enveloped in darkness.