James Norrington - Mermaid

There wasn't a lot that you remembered about who you were, where you were, why you were here. You lay on the beach, half of your body in the water, as needed. There was a large gash in your tail. There had been a gunpowder explosion off where you lived, a large chunk of wood sliced through your tail causing profuse bleeding. And, you passed out from the pain. Your skin was pale and dry, your body aching, sand collectively embedded into your elbows as you positioned yourself up.

After dragging and drying yourself out, normal legs has appeared allowing you to walk. The amount of times you'd walked were very minor, it took a few tumbles before you started walking at least a little normally. A near post allowed you to catch your breathe before the rain came. Your body was bare, shivering cold. A glass window was right next to you, there was a man sitting in there, he had brown hair that fell past his face, a white curly wig sat next to him. The night was dark, something you were grateful for.

What else would you have to do to get his attention, other than knock the window? Your fist pounded against the window pane grabbing his attention. At first he was shocked, almost frightened. But, he soon softened, coming round the side of the door.

"Who are you? What are you doing at my door?"

The rain revealed small scaled on your legs, binding them together. Apart from this, there was a deep gash on the right leg, crusted with dried blood, some wet and bits of sand inside the wound.

"Y/N..." your shook from the cold.

"Okay, here," he took off his jacket, wrapping it around your shoulders, buttoning it up to respect your dignity. He lifted you into his arms and carried you inside. "Let me get you sorted."

Once you see inside, he lay you on a large couch in the living room. It was soft on your bare skin, absorbing the little bits of rain water. The fire place had been restocked with wood, and stoked. The warmth radiated your skin.

"I've got some alcohol to clean the wound, okay?"

"Okay..." he dabbed the alcohol with a cloth, which made you squirm and scream.

"I'm really sorry,"

"It's okay,"

The cut rose up further toward somewhere he didn't want to see, out of respect for you.

"Here, I'm going to turn around and prepare a bandage, you wipe further up,"

"How?"

He grabbed a dry piece of cloth, showing you how to wipe on normal skin. You nodded your head, and immediately got to cleaning it, he turned around to prepare a bandage, and some medicine ti alleviate the pain.

"You done?"

"All done,"

He gently lifted your leg, wrapping around the bandage on your leg. Once he was done, he tucked the edge in, taping it slightly. You swallowed the spoon of medicine, and rested your head on a pillow watching how the flames made his blue eyes sparkle.

"Who are you?" you asked, not sure how to speak English.

"James Norrington,"

"James... Y/N,"

"Yeah, are you hungry?"

"Hungry?"

"Yes, food," he pointed to his stomach and rubbed it like he was hungry.

"Oh, hungry? Yes,"

"Okay."

Grabbing all the items he'd used, he exited the door. You didn't know where he was going, but the comfort he'd giving you suddenly made you feel alone.

"James..."

You pushed your body up off of the seat, limping toward the door. You pulled open the door handle, limping down the hall. All the maids had gone to bed, leaving him stood in the kitchen trying to make food. He pulled out every piece of fish he could, figuring out what to get for you. You walked in, and stood at the door with wide eyes seeing all the food. A large piece of salmon was laid out on the table.

"Can I eat?"

"Do you want me to cook it?"

"Can I eat?"

"Yes..." he paused until he saw you tear away the salmon and chew it. "Go for it."

"Thank you," you said after finishing eating.

"Want me to carry you to bed?"

"Bed?"

"Sleep. Comfy, pillow?"

"Oh, okay,"

As you started hobbling out the door, he wrapped his arm around your shoulder, letting you turn around so he could pick you up. He carried you in his arms, up the stairs, and tucked you into bed.

"Stay with me,"

"I can't... not really,"

"Please, please stay,"

"Fine."

He crawled into the bed, and turned his back away from you. You tapped his shoulder, and he turned around giving you a small smile. You wriggled over, and wrapped your arm around him. It made you feel safer. He gave in and turned around, wrapping his arm around you protectively.