Chapter 3: You Want Me?

Demi's POV

I pulled up to the adoption center ecstatic. I couldn't wait to meet everyone and find that one special child. I walked out of the car and knocked on the door. She was tall and had a very sweet look on her face. "Hello Ms. Lovato come on in!" She said as she stepped back. I stepped into the house when she said, "My name is Marie and I am the caretaker here."

"It's nice to meet you Marie," I said as I stuck my hand out to shake hers.

"So the children are waiting in the living room. Would you like to meet them?" She asked. I nodded and she led me to a room where there were small children and then some teenagers. A blonde haired girl came bouncing up to me.

"I know who you are! You're Demi Lovato! My name is Scarlet," she said as she unexpectedly wrapped her arms around my waist. I was caught off guard and I didn't know what to do. So I just hugged her back, smiled, and said, "Hi Scarlet it's nice to meet you."

She let go and began to say, "You should totally adopt me. I'm easily the prettiest here and I don't need to be in the poor house. I totally deserve a life of luxury." I cringed on the inside when she said that.

"You need to learn to be grateful for what you have," I said. Her face fell after my sentence and stomped her way back to her spot in the line. I looked up and saw a girl with tears on her face sitting in another room. I leaned over to Marie and asked, "Can I talk to her?"

"Who?" She asked. I pointed to the dark haired girl. Marie's expression changed but said, "Yes you may." I followed her to the other room. She opened the door and said, "Lily someone's here to see you." She looked over at me and smiled. "I'll just leave you two to talk for a while." She closed the door behind her. I turned and smiled at the black haired girl. Her frame was small and her hair covered most of her face. I sat down next to her.

"Hey sweetie. I'm Demi. What's your name?" I asked. She looked up at me with her glassy eyes. There were drying tear marks on her cheeks and her were red. I could just see the sadnesss in her eyes. It literally broke my heart to see her like this and I barely know her!

"Hi Demi. My name's Lilliana but people call me Lily for short," she said sadly.

"What are you doing sitting here instead of standing out there with everyone else Lily?" I asked. She furrowed her eyebrows and her expression changed to anger.

"Scarlet and her stupid cronies were saying some really nasty things to me. I got mad and I said some things to her and Marie got me in trouble for it," she said as she sighed. I rubbed her back as I said, "Hey don't listen to them. They're probably just jealous of you." A small smile played on her lips. I've barelt talked to this girl and I already want to know more about her.

"What on earth would she be jealous of me?" She asked.

"I'm choosing you over her," I simply said. She looked at me with a surprised expression. Then she leaned back in her chair and looked down.

"You're lying. Everyone leaves no matter what, they always do," she said sadly. Okay that tore me up even more.

"I'm not lying. I really mean it. I already feel a connection with you and I want to know more about you. Would you like to be adopted by me?"

Lilliana's POV

Oh. My. Fucking. God. Demi Lovato just said she wants to adopt me. What is life? I honestly do not know what to say to that. A part of me wants to jump up and down and say yes please! But another part of me knows that she'll think I'm crazy and bring me back or senf me to treatment. And that I absolutely did not want that.

"Are you going to leave?" I asked, not even daring to look at her.

"No of course not. No matter what happens, I would never bring you back. I get you and everything that has to do with you," she replied. I tried to hear the lies in her sentence, but I only heard the truth. I looked up at her knowing I probably look like a complete mess. I couldn't even talk so I nodded.

"Is that a yes?" She asked. I nodded furiously and she squealed. She hugged me and she felt so warm. I instantly hugged her back. She let go and said, "You can go pack your stuff up while I fill out the papers." She got up and left. I sighed as I got up to go pack.

I just know she's gonna leave.