Part 1

Being in a gang, one has lots of responsibilities, you have a job and need to do it well. And no one does my job better than I do. When Mikey wants information, he calls me. Need someone killed? I already did it. Want to know the inner workings of a gang? I got all the information you would possibly need. I am a great asset, and Mikey knows it. 

I start thinking about what I'm going to eat for lunch as I approach our meeting place for Toman. I can hear Mikey's motorcycle's engine hum as I approach him.

"Hera!" As soon as Mikey sees me he comes charging for a hug. He wraps me in his arms and pulls me into a tight embrace. I get a whiff of his cologne, god it smells good. He lets go of the hug and Draken walks up and put his heavy arm around my shoulders.

"Your back early, I thought you said that this job would take you five hours. It's been two," Draken asks me trying to hide his amusement.

"Surprisingly, middle-aged men are easy to poison. He drank that drink real quick," I say as I remove his arm.

"What do you want as payment?"

"Oh come on Mikey, I'm your friend-"

"It's going to be free? Nice."

"Hold up Draken, your my friend but money's money. A girl gotta make a living. How about you buy me ice cream?"

Mikey doesn't take two seconds to comply with my demands. As we leave, on our way to get ice cream in this hot 90-degree Tokyo weather, I see a human silhouette behind a tree. Discreetly I point it out to Draken. He doesn't seem bothered, I mean if I was his size I wouldn't either, the guy is just muscle. As I sit on the back of Drakens motorcycle and we start driving, I keep looking back to make sure we're not being followed.

"Hera for goodness sake if you're not going to wear a helmet at least hold on, If you keep looking back you're going to fall," Draken says as he slows down to prove some point.

"I'm not afraid of falling. Plus you're not wearing a helmet, and neither is Mikey!"

"Fine. Just hold on."

I roll my eyes as I wrap my arms around his waist. He's such a mom. As we pass Mikey on the bike I stick out my tongue and we race the rest of the way.

"YES! I won," Mikey says as he jumps off his bike.

"DRAKEN! WHY DID YOU SLOW DOWN AT THE END?"

"You two are going to be so sugar buzzed after the ice cream."

As I and Mikey wait for Draken to come back with our icecreams we overlook the pier and watch the beach. I couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched, I look over at Mikey, he shows no signs of worry. Maybe I'm just filled with some adrenalin from my last job?

Out of nowhere, a hand is gripping my neck taking my breath away. I feel a blade pressed on my neck. They're right behind me. Mikey turns to kick this person and his foot and their face meet with a satisfactory crack, the person goes flying back, the blade grazing my neck, making a paper cut-sized cut.

"You ok, Hera?"

"Yeah, thanks." I turn around to face the person who threatened me. I recognized the man, he was in the same gang as the person I had just killed; the leader of which I had just poisoned. He probably came for revenge or something. Stupid.

"Don't you ever come near Mikey, Me, or Toman again, you hear me?" I say slowly walking over to the guy. Mikey hit him hard, his nose looks broken and it's bleeding. I could easily kill him and finish the job. I pick up the knife he was going to use on me and point it at him. The irony gotta love it. "Come here." He looked like he was going to faint.

"I-I didn't know you were Toman. I'm sorry! Please! Mikey forgive me!" He pleads on his knees.

"Don't beg for my forgiveness idiot, ask for hers. She's the one you tried to kill."

The guy looks at me questioning his next words. Mikey continues, "Start begging. She'll kill you, and I'm sure as hell not going to hold her back."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Putting a knife to your neck."

"You know the saying, 'an eye for an eye a leg for a leg?'" I look down at him pressing the knife to his neck and making a cut the same size as the one he gave me. "There now were even. You have ten seconds to get out of my sight."

"Ten."

And he was off, he turned the corner and was gone from our view. 

Draken comes back with the cones. Strawberry for Mikey, Chocolate for Draken, and (your favorite flavor) for me."Perfect timing Draken! Being intimidating makes me hungry." Mikey says swiping his cone from Draken. I set the knife on the ground and grab my cone. Draken eyes the knife on the concrete.

"Do I wanna know?"

"Nah," Mikey and I say at the same time.