Part 3

Why is my family so controlling? On my way to my apartment, Baji graciously lit a light post on fire as a 'message'. Annoyed I get inside my apartment and right as I sit on the couch my mother is yelling for me across the house.

"I didn't know I raised a lazy bum!" My mothers oh so familiar complaints filled the house. "I should take away your Katana and fire privileges."

"NO! I'm sorry-" don't even know what I did, "what's wrong?"

"Your precious cousin told me that you have been lacking in school, your grade average is a D- and because he cares so much he suggested tutoring you since he has an A+ as an average. Thankfully he said he was available this Friday, so don't make any plans for that day."

But that's the day of the brawl! I swear when I see that bastard I'll kill him.

"Sorry," not really, "mom you're going to have to reschedule with my cousin because I have a- thing- to go to."

"What thing? You don't have any friends. Who are you hanging out with? Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Uh yeah-" and as if the gods were on my side Draken comes banging on my door asking for me to come out. I let him in and let my scheme begin. "This is my boyfriend, and he and I are going on a date Friday after school. So reschedule with Baji." Draken at first was taken back.

"Since when did you start dating mijita?" Oh no she's pulling out the Spanish.

"Well ma, last week! He asked me out and I said yes." Why was getting away with a lie with Spanish mothers so hard?

"Is this true? Draken? That sounds like a made-up name. Tell me your full name now."

Draken quickly bows respectfully and presents himself, "Ken Ryuguji, ma'am." After rising he holds my hand. My cheeks heat up. Good, it'll make this more believable.

"Ryuguji? Niña quieres que to appellido sea eso?"

"Si?" Why was she asking me if I wanted Ryuguji to be my last name?

She turns to Draken and gives him a glare, "why didn't you ask for my or my husbands' blessing?" My goodness, it's not like he's proposing mom!

"I am very sorry. I didn't mean to show any disrespect to you or your husband. It's simply that I had to let Hera know about my feelings. If I have your blessing I would love to take your daughter out?" WoW, Draken was really sweet talking to her.

"Humm, alright but if she comes home any later than 5:30 on any occasion she's with you, your dead. And I mean P.M." My mom said sternly before hugging him. "Treat her well," I heard her whisper as she tightened the hug, popping his backbones.

Once she left the room I let out an awkward laugh. I turned to face Draken who had his eyebrow raised.

"What the hell?" Reasonable response. "Why did you lie to your mother and say I was your boyfriend?" He crosses his arms, maybe unintentionally be he flexed his biceps while doing so, and oh my.

"She and Baji set up to tutor me the day of the brawl so naturally I had to make an accuse."

He rolls his eye, "Of course, naturally you lied about having a boyfriend."

Feeling defensive all of a sudden I cross my arms as well, "Don't act like you didn't enjoy that little stunt. You didn't have to hold my hand yet you did. Stop complaining Ken." He stood quietly, a pink hue covered his cheeks. Trying to cause a distraction I ask, "Why did you stop by anyway?"

Happy to change the topic he answers, "Mikey has his interest set on this kid, Takamichi, do you know him?"

"Yeah he's in my HomeRoom Class, what about him?"

"Well, Mikey was thinking about having him around but doesn't want to get too close with him yet without having a background check done first."

"Sure I can do that, by when does he need it done?"

"Friday." Three days. Easy.