Greta Joanne

gretajoanne

I wish I would know who you are, you make my days so much better, so much more interesting. I love talking to you. I feel like you are the only person in this whole planet who gets me and understand me on a different level. 

You smiled at the screen of your phone. Greta Joanne never failed to make you grin from ear to ear. She warmed your dirty, little heart and you loved it. You've never been in love, you had no idea how you should feel or not feel but one thing was for sure, your days would be grey without the mysterious girl in your Tumblr DMs. 

You've been talking with her in the past five months. Every. Single. Day. She was intelligent and, even though you had no idea who she was or how she looked like, you were positive that she was the most beautiful girl you've ever known, inside and out.

You fell in love with her in no time. Little did you know that the feeling was mutual. 

'Hey, Sleeping Beauty! Enough of dreaming, there's a whole group of people waiting for you at table four. I'm not paying you to daydream here all day long' your boss hit your shoulder, pulling you out of your own thoughts. 

You sighed, picked up a pen and a piece of paper from the counter top and made your way to table four.

Truth to be told, you hated your job, even if it was just part time, three times a week. You worked at a little diner, it was ten minutes from your high school on foot, so it was convenient. The only problem with it was that a lot of people from your school spent their afternoons there every once in a while. It's not like you were ashamed of working there but you would rather not see them outside of Silver Oak.

'What can I get for you guys today?' you fake smiled at the costumers at the table and sighed a little. 

Jenna Ortega and her friends, it was your luck, of course. You and Jenna had a rocky relationship ever since you were freshmen. You didn't know why exactly she hated you so much but you hated her as well. You had no reason to but you found her personality extremely annoying, so you kept your distance. 

She was arrogant, bitchy, she thought she was smarter than everybody. On the other hand, you thought she was beyond stupid. She was failing a lot of her classes, she never seemed to care, though. 

She was popular, she had a big group of friends, she was attractive to say the least and she was well aware of all that. You would describe her as the Queen Bee of Silver Oaks High.

'I want you with a vanilla milkshake on the side' Percy, one of Jenna's so called friends smirked at you. 

'So just a vanilla milkshake, I assume' you sighed and scribbled down his order. 

'Do you guys have something vegan that is also gluten free and has no sugar in it?' the brunette asked, her eyes gazing the menu.

'I can get you water and a few napkins' you shrugged your shoulders, earning a giggle from Emma, Jenna's best friend. 

You liked Emma, she was the nicest out of the group. Since she was your lab partner you exchanged a few words with her here and there. She never degraded anyone, was actually kind and she, at least, had something in her brain. 

'Water is fine' Jenna scoffed and looked at Emma, signaling her to be quite. 'With light ice if you could. I really don't wanna get sick.'

'Of course' you laughed under your breath. 

You took Emma's order as well and walked back to the kitchen, giving the piece of paper to the cook. 

milkshakewithpeppermint 

I'm glad you think that, I love talking to you, too. You're smart and have interesting thoughts, it's attractive :) I truly believe you don't need to know who I am and I don't need to know who you are. we already know that we go to the same school together, isn't that enough? 

'What's up with you and the brunette in the lather jacket at table four? Are you guys a thing or something? I could see the sparks flying when you were over there' Tony, your co-worker interrupted you. 

'Sparks of hate, maybe. She's Jenna, the typical, popular bully. You know, the one from the cliché movies and Wattpad fanfictions.'

'Not a big fan of her?' the boy asked you, chuckling a little. 

'You could say that, I guess.' 

gretajoanne

What if it's not enough for me? I wanna know who you are. I want to talk to you in person, I want to take you out to cute dates like the one you mentioned the other day. Buying paint, getting coffee and making art? Let's do it! I can read from one of my favorite poetry books to you while you're painting :) 

'Here's your water' Jenna looked up from her phone and gave you a little smile. 'It's with light ice, just as you asked' you put the glass down in front of her. She just nodded her head and started typing something again. 

You passed the shake to Percy and the fries to Emma and were about to leave when your phone vibrated in your apron's pocket. 

'Uhh, was that your boyfriend? I thought we're in a committed relationship, babe' Percy laughed and reached for your phone. 'Let's see who you're cheating on me with!'

'Come on, White, don't be a jerk. It's really not our business' Emma tried to get the device out of the boy's hands but there were no use. 

'She's right, can you please give it back to me?' you looked at him feeling a knot in your throat. 

Before anyone could say or do anything, Jenna reached across the table and with a quick move, she now had your phone in her hands. 

She checked your notification and was ready to read it out loud but instead, a little gasp left her mouth. She looked at you and then back at your screen. 

'Here. Keep it somewhere safe, so idiots like Percy cannot get it next time' she handed the device back to you. 'We're leaving' she then stated, leaving a twenty dollar bill on the table. 

'What? Why? I haven't even finished my fries yet' Emma whined. 

'I said we're leaving' Jenna said strictly and got up from the table. 

'Geez, did you see some freaky shit on her phone or what?' Percy copied Jenna's moves.

'Just go' the brunette rolled her eyes and without saying anything else, they left. 

gretajoanne

But it's okay if you don't want to, we can just talk here. I don't wanna scare you aways so if you don't want to reveal yourself, so be it.

You read the notification and locked your phone, slipping it in the back pocket of your jeans. 

You didn't really understand why Jenna needed to leave so fast. You were hundred percent sure it wasn't because of the little encounter that has happened. It couldn't be because of Greta Joanne either, she didn't say anything in that text that could freak Jenna out.

 'Usually, she wouldn't be bothered, then why was she now?' you wondered.