10

This was the first weekend Luke had gotten off since he started working, the only reason why he got off an entire weekend was because he told his boss that he wanted to take his family camping. He was more than ecstatic that his request was granted.

But by the time the weekend arrived the weather took a turn for the worst, forecasts showing severe thunderstorms all weekend which basically called off camping outside, in a state park.

Luke came up with a plan to keep his promise to his son and nephew, but doing it indoors.

Luke and Sabrina rearranged the living room furniture setting up a tent in the center of the room, sleeping bags included and a lantern.

The ran slamming on the roof of the house and the crack of the thunder rumbling above them.

Elliot was standing watching from a far chewing on the top of his sippy cup while his four year old cousin Jacob was sat beside him with a juice box saying "I'm bored" every two minutes thinking it would make his aunt and uncle move faster.

Luke knew he was disappointed but he couldn't control the weather but wanted to make the most of it.

To make it authentic as possible they sat criss crossed on the floor in the middle of the living room, all lights off accept the lantern. Elliot in his mothers lap waiting to be entertained.

"Uncle Luke I'm hungry!" Jacob whined, Luke confused because he had a snack a few minutes before that.

Sabrina noticed Elliot looked hungry too but couldn't express it yet, proceeding to look down at her watch, "Luke it's 5:03pm I think we should make dinner now." She suggested, Luke taking the extra lantern to the kitchen Jacob following him and Sabrina carrying Elliot along.

"Let's have a real cookout." He said setting down the lantern on the counter going over to the fridge pulling out hotdogs, Sabrina putting a pan on the stove turning it on, Jacob reaching for the flame, Luke jumped into action pulling him away "don't touch that you can get burned." And he hoped that would be enough to keep him from doing it again.

Luke opened the package slamming half a dozen on the pan, the meat sizzling as it touched the pan, the aromas already filling the air.

Luke's fanned the air making the smells fill the kitchen, "doesn't it smell like nature?" He smiled squishing Elliot's chin who laughed at the sensation.

Sabrina grabbed another pot dumping a can of beans, Jacob making a disgusted face as he watched them being poured in, Sabrina insisting that they will taste good and are good for little four year old boys.

Luke picked up tongs rotating the hot dogs until the reached the perfect char plating each one waiting a couple of extra minutes for the beans to be ready, Jacob making a disgusted face again as Sabrina scooped some in his plate.

Once everything was plated they headed back to the living room sitting on the floor again, Sabrina cutting up Elliot's food letting him grab how ever much he wanted it, Luke enjoyed seeing his reaction because that was the first time he tried either of those foods since getting his first few teeth in.

"Thata yummy isn't it Elliot?" Luke questioned, licking ketchup off his thumb that has dripped off his hot dog. Elliot couldn't get enough of the food and he almost ate everything on his plate.

Jacob on the other hand refused to touch the beans, Sabrina using several attempts to change his mind but that didn't work.

"I wanna roast marshmallows!" Jacob demanded when dinner was over.

"We can't roast marshmallows inside because we need a campfire and you can't have a campfire indoors." Luke explained, Jacob pouting, Elliot trying to understand what's happening.