14

Luke learned pretty fast that Calum was hated by more people than he can count.

A lot of people had beef with him and it's because he owed a lot of people a lot of money, whether it was suppliers, past or present employees; he was not the god honest man he claimed to be.

Apart of the reason why Calum's wife Brianna divorced him was because he had a secret gambling addiction for almost as long as they were married and she only found out recently after he pawned her late grandmother's jewelry to bet on horses. She was furious. And then suddenly the debt and the missing funds all began to make sense.

You would've thought she would've left him because of the cheating (and lots of it) and the lack of parenting he did for his kids but no, gambling is where Brianna finally drew the line.

Luke had to do a lot of calums dirty work, speaking with lawyers, going to creepy and weird places to pay parts of loans he owed money to, he even had to go to the restaurant and beg the head cook, Michael not to quit after nine years because he threatened to leave because Calum didn't pay his last three paychecks plus overtime.

While he was there he found out that the only way Amy got a promotion was by sleeping with Calum (Amy had been loyal to the business for many years and had deserved a promotion for a while as well but she refused to sleep with him to make it happen until recently, until she had no choice).

Luke thought it was gross and vile that the only way female employees could get anywhere with him is by sleeping with him, he was glad that Sabrina was out of there and didn't have to stoop to that level.

It has been a few weeks and Sabrina still had no clue about the situation and why Luke left extra early for work or that there was a few times where he left work early to go do Calums favors.

Sabrina was in the grocery store with Elliot one day, she noticed the back of someone familiar down the cereal aisle and as she go closer the person turned around: it was Calum and he had this devious look upon his face.

"Oh, Calum I wasn't expecting you here." She tried to make small talk wanting to just go by him and he stopped her, patting Elliot on the head.

"I am so glad to see you." He grinned even more, Sabrina thinking it was weird.

"Calum, I said this to you a couple of months ago we're over! It's done." Calum shushed her in front of Elliot and other people in the aisle.

"Shh what if Elliot tells Luke?" Calum said, covering Elliot's ears and Sabrina fanned them away.

"He's two! It's fine! Why are you talking to me?"

"Because I have something to tell you." Sabrina hesitated for a second "what the fuck can that me?" Was the question playing in her head over and over again but then she decide to cut him off.

"Wait, woah, wait. Before you say anything, I want to know one thing.. I saw you out in front of my house a few weeks ago.. are you stalking me?" Sabrina was suspicious and Calum figured out a clever way to get around this.

"No but I have been wanting to get your attention about something and it looks like I finally have your attention and.. I feel like the word about our fling is going to get to Luke eventually." He bit his lip than Sabrina. She was anxious.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, there's some gossip around the neighborhood saying that neighbors saw you going in and out of my house more than once. One of my neighbors spies out his window and saw somethings, it's not a good look. Especially since you're bag with Luke now, permanently."

"HOLD ON!" She yelled not caring about what others thought of her. "This is a two way street! Just because you neighbors saw us mean nothing! Most things in this town is all hearsay to begin with. Half of those people need a hobby."

"Have you forgotten that Luke is all over the town.. the city..? He probably has eyes all over the place. Him hearing that you're unfaithful is not a good look." Now he was trying to play the innocent one in all of this.

"Not a good look for me? What about you? You were still married to brianna when we were doing it!  Do you think you're automatically innocent because you're a man?" She threw her arms up, thinking this whole thing was stupid. Elliot babbled aimlessly in the shopping cart.

"Personally if I was in his shoes and I heard that I would feel icky, used and betrayed. How can you look at yourself in the mirror and say that you love a man so much only to just break his heart because you were mad with him?"

"Are you hearing yourself? Did you just stop me to say all this garbage to make yourself feel good? Your marriage ended and suddenly you don't have anything else better to do?"

"Actually.. it's funny that you'd say that.." he trailed off trying not to laugh.

"I figured that you're scared about Luke catching onto you and finding out that's why I have decided on a little something. I'll make sure he doesn't find out unless you do something for me in return."

Sabrina rolled her eyes thinking this whole thing is childish.

"You wouldn't dare!"

"You've got know idea who you're messing with Sabrina Hemmings!"

"Ugh! What do you want?"

"I won't tell him if you do some favors for me. I'm not sure what they'll be yet but I'm working on it."

"Uh okay, that sounds easy. Can I continue on with my shopping?" Sabrina asked hands gripping on the shopping cart but Calum stopped her.

"I'm not finished yet. Failure to do whatever I ask you to do will result in one of two things. One I will tell him that you cheated on him and lied and two I will show him the proof.. all our texts, emails and Facebook messages. But if you decide to grow up and tell him what happened then you won't have to do anything for me. How does that sound? Do we have a deal?" Calum stuck his hand out wanting Sabrina to shake and it took her a few seconds and she did it aggressively mumbling things underneath her breath.

"Perfect, it looks like we have a deal. I guess I'll see you soon. Be on alert for your first assignment." He waved to her walking away and Sabrina grunted grabbing the stuff she needed off the shelf.

She knew that Calum being quiet and leaving her alone all that was too good to be true.