43

The heat wave lasted up until a few days before school started up again, Luke on everybody's case making sure they were actively hydrating.

Sabrina had been to the doctor twice since her dehydration episode she still felt off and all that they could really tell her was that she probably had a virus or something and that it would take her a few more days to recover.

Luke explicitly worked nights in order to keep watch of Sabrina who kept insisting that she was fine.

It was Friday afternoon just four days until school was about to start, hitting 95 degrees and the humidity was awful.

Sabrina wanted to verse the kids in Mario Kart considering that she got beat the last time.

Sabrina was yelling and jumping up and down in victory every time she completed a lap Luke laughing claiming that he could do the races with his eyes closed.

Then the final lap of the race came and Eloise somehow took the victory, her high fiving her sister. Sabrina standing up "I don't feel good" her breathing was labored and she passed out again right on the rug Luke throwing himself out of the chair  motioning the kids to move away from their mother.

"SABRINA!" Luke shouted and she didn't respond and he knelt down quickly figuring out that she stopped breathing.

"Elliot get your sisters and go in another room I don't want them to see this"

"What's wrong with mommy?" Eloise cried out being shoved away by her big brother.

"Oh no Sabrina oh no!" Luke started chest compressions seeing that his wife's lips were blue.

He was down on his knees on the floor of their living room trying everything making sure his wife survived.

"ELLIOT I NEED YOU!" Elliot came running out from other room at lightning speed, "Elliot pick up the phone dial 9-1-1 and put it on speaker". He gave him instructions and Elliot did them Luke knowing the dispatcher who answered the phone.

"Veronica it's Luke from truck eight, listen to me right now, I'm at my house, my wife went down and stopped breathing. I'm in the middle of doing active compressions just send the closest ambulance. Tell them to hurry.." Luke gave explicit instructions to the dispatcher who did what he said sending the closest set of paramedics to his house right away.

"Elliot go take my keys from the table and go out to my car I think I have a defibrillator in there." Luke was still actively doing compressions as Elliot came running into the house with the bag Luke needed "that's perfect grab some scissors from the kitchen and come over here with every thing"

The sirens that were in a distance grew closer indicating that help was almost there.

Elliot jogged to his dad carrying all the supplies "okay I need you to cut off Moms shirt so we can try and restart her heart."
Luke moved his hands out of the way letting his son cut away at the material exposing his wife's bare skin.

"Unzip the bag take every thing out, take the sticky patches off." Elliot did everything his father told him and Luke placed the paddles on his wife telling Elliot to press the button on the machine, the two of them stepped back letting the machine shock Sabrina's heart.

"Sabrina come back to me please." Luke pleaded doing another shock, then a third.

The third one did the trick and it was just as the paramedics arrived.

Sierra's team was actually the ones to respond to the call rushing to where Luke was helping Luke stabilize Sabrina before taking her away on a stretcher.