Chapter 7

(Aadhithya's view)

Dhiya was looking at me in a confused state.

"She is my aunt krishnammal" I said.

"Just a relative aunt? What is so problematic in this?"

"You just don't get it Dhiya. Have you ever heard about some persons..those who can even stop marriages with their problematic behaviour?"

"Haan....you mean boomer relatives in marriages? Like Pattamma in dum dum dum movie?"

"Exactly..she is the one in our side"

"Ha ha ha...you must have invited her to our marriage then. Too late now" she laughed.

"I too prayed, but my parents cleverly ignored her presence because..." I paused for a moment.

"Because of what?" Her eyes were curious.

"Because her daughter was the first choice to be my bride"

"Hahaha...." Hearing that she bursted out uncontrollably. I was frusturated by her act and gave a dirty look at her.

"Oops...sorry.."she said and managed to hide her laugh.

"Hmm...if she comes here, she would probably start digging our secret lives and that won't be good for both of us"

"Hmmm...that's not a big deal. I had seen so many people like her. We can manage her"

"No..but..." I was about to say but she cut me in the mid sentence.

"See Aadhi, I'm really tired now. Why don't we discuss this matter later?" She said and was about to leave.

"Hmm....as you wish" I said and left thinking about my devilish aunt.

I checked my phone on bed, there was a text from Veni. However, I was not in the mood to talk to her so I just ignored the text.

Next day morning...

I heard our calling bell ringing continuously. Dhiya came out in her chudi, she was cute asusual getting ready for her office.

"My aunt...probably" I said to Dhiya

Dhiya smiled and opened the door. I could see my aunt stand with a trolley and two travel bags in her hands.

" What are you looking at? Grab one of these..girl" she said to Dhiya.

"Oh...sorry ma, please come in"Dhiya said and took one of her bag. She was a bit surprised because my aunt was a little rude at her in the first meeting itself.

"Don't you ever ask your maami to come in Aadhi?" She started to yell at me now.

"No no...not like that maami (aunt)welcome home" I said with a fake smile.

"Hmm....the house seems to be good. How much did it cost?" She asked going through the ceiling.

"Its around 60 lakhs maami" I said and dhiya was standing beside us. She was already up for her office.

"Hm....Aadhi...could you take charge? I should really leave to office now"Dhiya said.

"Why so early? See..this is why I suggested your mother to get you married to my daughter. But who listens to me"Maami said gazing at Dhiya.

"No not like that Maami,It is her daily timing. We expected that you would reach earlier,thats why....please be seated I'm going to bring you a special coffee now" I said and signalled Dhiya to leave soon..