Slowly, but Surely

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT own My Hero Academia, just the plot of this story and the book.

"My goodness! You kids are becoming more and more reckless by the day, you have to be more careful!"

"Sorry Recovery girl. I didn't think I'd have to go all out today."

"I'm just happy you got here in one piece. I swear sometimes I think your teachers take things a little too far, you're all still kids, you guys shouldn't have to go through this."

"This is what we signed up for, to become pro heroes this is just what we're gonna have to go through even though it can be a little challenging. But it wouldn't be fun if everything was easy so I enjoy it, sometimes." She chuckles at my last remark,

"Well, make sure to take it seriously. It's not fair that your pretty little face is getting scratched and bruised up like this." I smile and nod.

"I'll try my best." She smiles at me then goes to a cabinet and takes out some weird-looking device.

"Can you lay down for me sweetie? I need to take a look at your injuries so you can be treated and on your way."

"Sure, but I would much rather stay here with you than have to go to class."

"I'm flattered but I don't think you'd find what I do entertaining."

"It's better than having to deal with Present Mic's yelling for an hour and a half." Recovery girl lets out a small chuckle but she soon catches herself and clears her throat.

"Ashido, you know it's not right to talk badly about your elders."

"I know but I didn't say anything bad about him."

"You just implied that your teacher is loud."

"He is, but that's not necessarily a bad thing it's just something I don't want to deal with in the morning."

"It's almost noon."

"Basically the same thing." She shakes her head in slight disbelief but still keeps a smile on her face. I lay down on the medical bed and let her scan my body with the weird-looking device from earlier. After she was done her smile faded away and became more serious.

"Well, it looks like you broke your left arm, your right leg, and two of your ribs. And your hands were mildly burnt which is all treatable. If you would've fought any longer the damage in your hand would've been a little more severe, and would take longer to heal. But luckily that isn't the case."

"You mean I could've lost the use of my hands!?"

"Not at all. Your body has a good endurance to your acid but it isn't use to you using it so much. In the future I suggest building an endurance to your quirk so that this won't happen often."

Recovery girl treated my wounds and bandaged me up, I felt a little better but I was still sore in certain places. I also felt tired again and it was more intense than before, I felt drained.

"Feeling better?"

"Yeah, just a bit tired."

"Oh, I forgot to mention that for my quirk to work effectively it requires a lot of your energy to speed up the healing process, which will cause you to get tired."

"Is it ok if I fall asleep?"

"Of course. I'll inform your teachers that you're with me." Recovery Girl then retreats to the other side of the room, leaving me to rest. I lay back down in the hospital bed but I couldn't fall asleep, my conversation with Recovery Girl kept replaying in my head, even though I knew my injuries to my hands weren't that serious it still left me curious and a little anxious about what would've happened if I kept going? Would I end up hurting myself? Am I not as acid prof as I originally thought!? I take a deep breath, I need to calm down and not over think this. Trying to not to focus on my previous thoughts I close my eyes and slowly drift to sleep.