Vernon || Christmas Rescue [2]

"Time is rewinding."

Maybe, just maybe, all of this is true, and what was mentioned in the paper is accurate. But I still can't believe time is turning back.

With my suspicions still there, I check the date on my phone. The time was 12:01 p.m. on the 13th of December.

It cannot be. I'm still not convinced. This may be a dream! Yes! I may have survived the explosion and am now in a coma at the hospital, experiencing this dream!

If that's the case, then that means—

I pinched my right arm as hard as I could, expecting to feel nothing, but was immediately struck with pain.

It hurts. Why does it hurt?

"Once you've chosen a classmate, you may go." The students were relieved as they rose eagerly, ready to go.

"Before you go, remember to put your desired present on this list so the person who chose you knows what to purchase."

The students obeyed once more. Everything is being replayed. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm not going to be able to concentrate here. I need to go home and think about it privately.

I rose up, anxious to get home, but time rewinds, reliving every situation. I ran into Hansol again, and he was as astonished as I was. He no longer had that calm look; it had been replaced with a tinge of fear.

But he brushed it off and grinned as if everything were normal. I did the same thing. We had the same dialogue and went about our business, and instead of walking, I dashed to my dorm and hurriedly shut the door behind me.

I removed my shoes and entered, leaving them on the floor. I turned on the lights in my room and noticed that everything was in order. Except for one thing: the bubble-gum pink box on my desk, which had the letter unfolded on top, revealing the phrase "Time is rewinding."

I picked up the paper and read the words several times. Everything I'd just observed is proof that time is rewinding, and this is now my reality to contend with.

As my attention travels about, I am disturbed and pondering about how I can get everything back to normal. I eventually caught sight of another folded piece of paper on top of the box.

I swiftly took it and unfolded it, displaying the sentence, "It becomes your reality."

My reality?

I put the first paper next to the second and linked the phrases.

"Time is rewinding; it becomes your reality."

Reading this, not only do things make sense, but it also addresses my worries and questions. This is the truth. It is occurring in my conscious state. But why is that? And how so?

Is this something that only happens if I die as a result of that incident? What was the dobby-looking creature with three antennas on its head? Is the FBI aware of how it got there?

Whatever it was, I must prevent it from causing malice.

[December 14 / 11am]

I decided to skip lessons the two days before the 16th and go to the library to learn more about this incident.

Although I am aware that finding information regarding the creature and these fantasy-like happenings may be impossible, I am determined to acquire whatever information I can in order to gain more answers to my many, many questions. and perhaps get some guidance on how to break the cycle.

[December 16]

I was rushing to the university around 10 a.m. I researched the incident all night, but I still haven't discovered any answers or information, not even one. There may be no record of this happening, and I may be the first to witness it.