Prologue

A/N: English isn't my first language. It's not bad, but i just wanted to give a disclaimer to not be too harsh on me. thanks.

____________________________

Y/N's POV

Two thick black metal cuffs lie on the large white table in the middle of the empty room. I carefully take one and link it to my neck.

Before entering the lobby of players, I notice the hollow, lifeless interior of the building. The eeriness and bland colours give away the fact that the Jack of Hearts game is taking place in some kind of facility. Most likely a prison, if I had to guess.

Slowly, I step into the lobby. The first thing I notice is the nervous crowd. Most of the people look down, frightened. As I scan the room, a person catches my eye. A man with long white hair and his arms crossed over his chest looks at me observingly. The way his hood covers parts of his face and his whole demeanour make it clear that being overlooked was his intention and strategy.
Before I could react, another tall man with broad shoulders shows up. Strangely, he seems familiar but I couldn't figure out where I knew him. I brush the thought away, as we lock eyes.

Right then, an announcement came. It explains the rules of the game. While the lady was speaking, I couldn't take my eyes off of the last guy, he too kept his gaze on me. Already I had a feeling, this will be an interesting game.

_______________________________

Our staring competition was interrupted by the start of the game. I watch as he walked down the stairs and the players start to create groups. Right off the bat, my mind is telling me to stay away from a particular girl who gave off odd vibes.

While everyone strays off, I stay with the white haired man, who said his name was Chishiya and the frightened guy next to him, Ippei.

"Y/N" I say with a smile and an outstretched hand. His eyes linger on my movements.

"Y/N, do you see those two?" Chishiya asks pointing at a couple consisting of a small fragile woman and an intimidating man. "Do you know what they were doing before the game started?..."

"Ownership kind of relationship. The submissive woman gives into the dominant man who decides everything for her" I remark.

Then we stare at the mysterious guy I last saw talking to the person with emo hair covering his face. I make a mental note on their strange interaction.

____________________________

The first round is over and everyone is alive.

As the people once again tell each other their symbols, Enji Matsushita, the emo guy, mentions "You know, I wonder how long this will last."

Sunato Banda, the broad shoulders guy, answers while sitting "Either the Jack of Hearts will start killing people, or someone who's afraid they'll be killed will start killing others"

"Until one of those things happens, this will never end" I add. Banda looks up at me and stares deeply into my eyes. It felt like he looked right through me, which was an unusual feeling given the years I spent building the mental walls, letting not even a soul in. I hated this feeling of vulnerability but I stay outwardly expressionless.

"Well, as long as we're all telling each other, we'll be fine" Ippei states.
"I wouldn't be so sure" Chishiya replies.

Just then, a man yells angrily "Hurry up and tell me!" and slams a boy to the ground. He's helpless and pleading. It seems the big guy is forcing him to say his symbol.

Banda goes up to him and whispers "Tell him "club" ". The thug continues to hit him. Eventually, the beaten up person decides to listen to Banda and lies. The aggressive man looks satisfied and stops attacking the boy. While walking past me, I spot the diamond on his neck.

"The game has started" I smirk.

____________________________

All the lies and deceptions lead to people dying left and right. Several rounds later, only 6 people remain, Banda and Matsushita, Yaba (dom guy) and Kotoko (sub girl), and Chishiya and I.

In the storage area, I pick out a cookie Chishiya recommended. Or actually better said, promoted.
I hear light footsteps coming up behind me.

„Y/N, right?" his deep voice sends shivers down my spine. I turn around.

„Banda" I retort.
„Do you mind telling me my symbol?" Banda says in a calm and quiet voice.

I hesitate. „Why should I?". It's just the two of us here, standing so close I could hear his heartbeat.

He takes a step towards me and leans forward, making my back touch the shelves filled with snacks. Banda places his hand on the shelf to support himself, while also preventing me from walking away. His piercing eyes matches the height that mine are on. I feel his breath on my neck. Our faces are only a few centimetres apart. I intently gaze into his eyes that are stabbing daggers through mine.

„I need you" he whispers into my ear.

I don't let my confusion show.
„I need you to check my symbol. My partner is acting strange" He finishes and slowly turns around. I slightly chuckle, which he doesn't question. Although his intentions are unclear, I don't see any reason to refuse. I had a feeling it wasn't him. So, I do as I'm told. „Heart" I say.

As he was about to leave, I grab his hand. For a split second I could see the surprise in his eyes that normally lack emotion. „I told you yours. It's only fair that you do it for me too"

He pauses and then smiles. His smile is an unreadable one. One where you don't know wether he's being a nice guy or the „nice guy". It's a smile with an objective. Hidden intentions.

With no further spoken words, I turn around. Slowly, he lifts my hair, his fingers grazing my shoulder in the process. I don't know wether my stomach is turning because I've been touch-deprived or if it's just because of him.
Standing behind me, he moves closer to my ear and says „Diamond". After that he walks away nonchalantly. His expression remains unreadable. Yet again, Banda sparks my interest.

____________________________
(Words: 1111)

A/N: Feel free to send ideas. Can't promise to use them, but it'll probably help me come up with the final draft. ;)

Just decided to write this to fill the void after finishing the series and also Banda is a murderous bae who doesn't have a lot of fanfics written about him yet which is a crime.