Chapter 10

_______________________________

Y/N's POV

We decided to settle down in this small home. Yaba explained that he had met them a day ago and that they don't talk much. At least, the small kid doesn't.

"Where are the little kid's parents?" I asked Yaba, when both children were asleep. I left them on the bed, and sat down next to Yaba.

Earlier I had asked the child but he just ran off.

"You mean Kota? I'm guessing that they don't live anymore. Or maybe they're just not present in his life." Yaba answered while straightening out his suit.

"He doesn't have much time left on his visa", he added. I sensed slight sympathy in his voice.

I would hate to be in the kid's position. Realistically, he wouldn't last a day alone.

"Poor kid. Then, even if he makes it back to your world, it will be hard for him" I sighed.

Yaba nodded. We found two other beds, in which we lied down on. Then I closed my eyes.

_________

"Y/N! You're going too fast!" she yelled.

"But I already know the answer!" I complained.

She stared me down with her stern eyes. "Nine years old and already talking back to your mother"

I paused for a second and crossed my arms.

Eventually, I groaned in defeat. My tempo had apparently been too fast, solving the puzzles she made every Sunday.

"Then you also know that one mistake is all it takes to lose in any game" my mother warned me. "What did mommy say about playing games?"

"Don't start a game, if you're not playing to win." I mentally rolled my eyes.

_______________________________

I heard the birds chirping outside the window. In the morning I woke up to cute little snoring coming from right beside me.

Carefully, I stood up and made my way to the kitchen, making sure not to wake up the children.

"Morning" Yaba quietly greeted me as I walked in.

Picture this.

He was sitting on one of the rusty chairs, holding up a cup on his right hand while the other was flicking through some random old newspaper.

You'd think it was a normal morning, the housewife wakes up to find her husband getting ready for work, while the children sleep in the room beside them, having a day in school waiting for them. The only thing missing was the kiss on the forehead to wish him farewell.

I silently nodded, still tired, seating myself beside him. I hadn't noticed that the two sleeping people had woken up and followed me here. The family was complete, I guess.

Right then, I heard some rustling outside. Frantically, the pair jumped up and hid.

Yaba and I shared a confused look. I quietly got up and grabbed the nearest weapon I could find, which was a kitchen knife. I stood close to the door with him beside me. Then, the mystery person came in.

They immediately rummaged through the cabinets, looking for food.

Who is..

....Oh?

_______________________________

A/N: i know it's short but heyyy... I'm posting a chapter tomorrow too!! a long one!! I promise!! I just didn't want to make you wait any longer 😭😭

REMEMBER THAT I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU! and that I see all of your comments... like actually all of them 😋